1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mumma's Boy Husband Who Denies It...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Goahead, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Haha.... in reality, the financial independence of stay-at-home women is the major cause of happiness.(All housewives have control of her husband's bank account in Japan; Japanese banks transactions are done using ATM, or the account holder's registered stamp, not his signature)
    [​IMG]

On the other hand.... there is a MIL problem of a different kind : JAPANESE FAMILIES: MARRIED LIFE, WIFE-MOTHER-IN-LAW RELATIONS AND REVERSED GENDER ROLES | Facts and Details
    Wife and Mother-in-Law Relationship in Japan
    Traditionally, when a man moved into his parent's house with his wife, his wife was expected to be a kind or servant to her mother-in-law and in some cases couldn't even leave the house without her mother-in-law's permission. This naturally created a lot of friction and wives have traditionally not liked their mother-laws.

These days many women refuse to live with their mother-in-laws. Explaining why she moved her family out of her in-laws house one woman told the New York Times, "It wasn't anything in particular just an accumulation of things that suddenly exploded. I just thought it was my own life and I have to live it before it's crushed."

Some wives escape the mother-in-law trap by convincing their husbands to move in with her family and even taking her family's name and accepting the responsibility of caring for her parents in old age. Many elderly people like the system because they can live with a daughter they know rather than a potentially hostile daughter-in-law. Husbands who live in these household are called "apple-polishers," which means they are expected to respect their in-laws needs because if they don't they risk getting thrown out of the house.​

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Sandycandy, MonikaSG and GeetaKashyap like this.
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha! Very interesting! Even the Japanese face the in-law vs out-law issue!

3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Indian parents learn that in later stages with experience and unacceptable behaviour of their children no matter how much they give their services in favour and for the love. Our kids will one day become more intelligent than us. I too feel when I do favour to my kids as they are too small to manage. They are too small still they teach me the ways do like this and that. How much more to learn from them time will only give the answer.

The conclusion is take the name of god. Everything else is just temporary no need to be perfect in anything.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Yes men do struggle and get tortured because when mommy can think why should they??? Common sense goes out of the window and all effort is put into how to please dear mommy.