1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Some Thoughts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Dec 16, 2017.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

When the end of the year comes we should look back and enjoy the sweet memories and also the mistakes we did and not to continue in the next year.

Whenever I post something I get so much appreciation from you all but I think am I really worth of the appreciation because I have also some drawbacks which I want to share here.

I was very fond of drawing, making jewellery etc. during childhood. But could not continue after marriage. Now I am enjoying my hobbies and feel very happy when I get the appreciation.

Now I have a well furnished house but I feel whether I have kept the house well like others. I also like to keep it perfect but what to do with health problems I am not able to , sometimes its not properl. Like today I thought let me keep all the vessels inside the draw instead of keeping outside and keep the medai clean. But after keeping everything though I kept sitting in the chair, pulling the draw which was heavy and keeping everything my back started paining. So I thought let it be, everyday I wont try keeping inside, my house should be different from others na. Whenever someone comes to my house and goes later I will be worrying whether I gave them perfect coffee, whether it was according to their taste, its silly thing but for me its great thing because some people are very particular in everything. I am not particular and whatever is given I appreciate and learn from them that I should also do perfect like them But as it is said dane dane pe likha hai kane vale ka naam, though everyday we are cooking I feel at times it does not come properly especially when someone comes

kaniths, Shanvy, girvani and 10 others like this.

2. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Dear @iyerviji ,

While I do not know your culinary or housekeeping skills , I do know one thing that you have great writing skills . Your posts emanate compassion and joy for many of us and I like how simple and honest you are . Please keep writing , even if it means venting . We are all ears !

3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji maami,
    Sunburst above, has so aptly described your posts - honest and simple - and no wonder , we all feel the genuineness in your posts and love them. I am sure, people visiting you are well aware that you are both seniors, managing your house by yourselves, and will have no expectations beyond your ability. You can take your maid's help where possible for cleaning up etc. Regarding perfect arrangements, you can make the effort if u feel like it, when u are expecting guests. Otherwise, a normal clean and well maintained house is more than enough. Its nice to reflect on the year gone by and look forward to heralding a more fulfilling new year.

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Dear Sister,
    Aiming perfection in everything is a good goal but again that depends on one’s age, health, dependents, quantum of time available and so on.
    2. After attaining age 60 and above one should seek assistance or get things done to perfection under his or her supervision.
    3. Even if others not doing thing perfectly, one should not lose temper. It is important to maintain diestol and syestol cardiac cycles within desirable range.
    4. Aiming perfection in everything we do as senior citizens should not be detrimental to our health. We may learn to ignore imperfection as far as possible and hobbies involving perfection should be given a go bye.
    Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless Us All.

iyerviji and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:You have very well factored in the hardship of senior citizens while making the above statement and suggestion.
    Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless!

iyerviji and joylokhi like this.
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Viji Maa ! How I wish I could enjoy that coffee ! Iam more of chai person but Mr ashima loves coffee. So if we comes to your house we will confuse you to the most . Infact I can see us in your conflicts of mind . I am like let it be .., and he likes perfection .
    Just do how much your health allows ..our religion also says the first dharma is serving our body . Health is real happiness and little bit of wealth too :)

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I too have the same feeling about myself. You do this because of your health issues. But I am healthy enough to do everything still I am not doing anything. The reason behind that is different. First is my kids are too small. Most of my time goes to pamper them then handling their dramas then from their bath to susupotty everything I have to clear. After that I also need some me time. So with the time left I can only do the regular work like cooking washing clothes etc.
    Second reason is my house is tooooo big that if I will go to clean it everyday then I will die with cleaning only. No other work can be done. So I just leave it as it is. And do little cleaning whenever I feel to.

8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji,

Ma'am, you have impressed whomever you had to in your youth. Why are you still entertaining those feelings? I know most women have this ingrained in us to be the best in whatever we do. It is okay when youth is on our side, but not now. I may be few years younger to you but I can see a huge difference in the energy and enthusiasm levels between then and now. We women do not retire and do all the mandatory work every single day. I think this itself is an achievement.

When you wrote, "I was very fond of drawing, making jewelleryetc. during childhood. But could not continue after marriage. Now I am enjoying my hobbies andfeel very happy when I get the appreciation." , you motivated me. Our brains are still working creatively and that itself is a big bonus! At least for now, let's forget our shortcomings in housekeeping, enjoy and fulfil our creative needs which were hitherto brushed under the carpet.

I get motivated by seniors like jeeves, you and others; you set new creative benchmarks for me.

9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty!! You are perfect , trust me ! Your posts always touch my heart ! You are so sweet online , I am sure a bigger sweetheart in person. So people probably appreciate you more than a neater house or a perfect coffee .

Focus on your health and take care !

iyerviji likes this.
  10. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Feel so much good reading your posts viji aunty :)

iyerviji likes this.