1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband's Birthday In January..please Give Ideas

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nakshatra1, Dec 15, 2017.

1. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

We do not appreciate giving gifts on birthdays instead something which involves some personal touch and planning. I did these on his birthdays:

1.) Booked a personal Spa and Jacuzzi for us with food and champagne.
    2.) I asked his close friends and relatives from all over the world to make a video of them wishing him with a short message and I compiled everything in one. He really loved it.
    3.) Called our nearby friends over at 12 in the midnight with cake and balloons. He was least expecting it and everyone jumped over him with birthday bumps when he was in the bed.:laughing:
    4.) Went biking in the country side and had dinner(this was abroad).
    5.) Throw a surprise party at home in the evening.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  2. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi Op,

You can gift him something creative.

1. If you can paint/good in crafts/play any musical instrument/do any kind of crochet patterns can gift him something creative (my mom gifted my dad a woolen sweater, though he never used it but it is still with him as her memory ).

2. A collage can be prepared.

3. Love notes - decorated in small gift boxes or envelopes.

nakshatra1, Sunburst and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Nice suggestions from everyone. I am totally into personalized or creative gifts ( hand made cards, photo gifts, coffee mug with husband’s name designed creatively etc) . Another fav of mine , writing either a poem or letter expressing your emotions beautifully ( make it romantic with a subtle touch of humor) and frame it. Happy birthday to your H !

Dishaa, nakshatra1 and Rihana like this.
  4. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much everyone.. all your ideas will help me plan something good

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. chandu999

chandu999 Senior IL'ite

Hi.... no husband expects any gift article or dress from his wife...but he expects a full of love and respect towards him only.

Small request....you spend your complete time with him....night 12 to next day night 12...you respect his choice.....try to get the information about his interests and choices from other family members....and try to express your love towards him by showing your respect towards his interests and choice...

Articles may get fade or broke but the impressions and emotion will remain for life long...

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I think it really depends on how your husband is. Things like flowers, nice movie etc is my cup of tea but it isnt his. Think what he likes or wants. Think of something that he had been meaning get for himself but didnt/ couldn't. Often, I would think of something that I like rather than he likes (natural).

I am not sure of your budget when you say not-expensive. But if we are talking no budget, then a special meal is the way to go.

If there is some budget, see what he would like. Perhaps a good bottle of wine or a nice cologne, shades, subscription to a magazine of his interest or going out for dinner.