Remedies For Evil Eyes And Negative People

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Vedhavalli, Dec 15, 2017.

1. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

My grandma used to do the ritual when a particular relative lady visited our home. She did 'salt/chili' ritual and burnt it in fire. Grandma did her ritual things regularly on Sunday evenings and on new moon days. Sunday and new moon day combo had special ritual for the whole family.

It was the mind set of innocent village people.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    sindmani likes this.
  2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

This ritual has logic and works with inbuilt trust. What I feel is salt or anything else don't do that much work that a positivity and trust of the person involved does. As we all know about the positive and negative vibrations. The person who give the negative is destroyed by the positive. Its true in all aspects. Even our own negative thoughts can get killed by our positive ones. Its the power that we have but due to lack of knowledge we can't use it properly.

Once I watched a movie don't remember its name. They showed that whatever we think with positivity has to become true. Like If we will think that we are (not we will be) crorepati and will give more and more positive power to this thought then it will become true. It all depends on the power of our thoughts.
    This looks quiet unbelievable. But if we take another examples like preparing for exam with the confidence and positivity then no one can stop us to clear that.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

For the "chasme baddhur" ritual salt-drychili is very common even in SE-Asia countries. For Malaysia, this was brought over from the middle east.
    Wikipedia says:
    Chashm-e-Baddoor (Persian, Urdu: چشمِ بد دور, Hindi: चश्म-ए-बददूर ) is a slogan extensively used in Iran, North India and Pakistan to ward-off the evil eye (which is called nazar in the region). It is a Persian language derivation which literally means "far be the evil eye."[1]
    New car should be run over some fresh lemons first. Hanging Ganesh from the rear-view mirror stem is a very common thing I had noticed in India. Drivers also touch the hanging ornament, and then touch their steering in a manner of prayer to Ganesh to make the trip a safe one. If you are in USA, you can buy this from Indian Stores (even grocery stores have them).
    Talisman's for travel, blessing a home, as well as personal safety are also available on the internet.
    Many of the mobile-phone hanging ornaments in Asia are also talismans that people have bought in temples, shrines, monastaries. People wear special pendants on their necklaces, or wrist band beads for personal safety against the evil eye.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  4. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

@Vedhavalli

You are what you think.... so no matter how difficult it might seem, think positive n spread positivity.... it helps you and your family....
    The haters and people with negative mindset, just forget about them.... you keep motivating and inspiring yourself by reading positivity thoughts, stories and listen to soothing music....

sindmani likes this.
  5. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

1. If possible recite Hanuman Chalisa in front of a picture of Lord Ram darbar after morning bath. Light some incense and a diya too.
    2. Every Saturday mop your floor after adding little salt to water.
    3. Whenever you face that lady, recite the name of your favorite God or Hanuman Ji in your mind and pray to HIM/HER for protection.

6. Vale

Vale New IL'ite

Personally I dont' believe in evil eye and here we have a saying "one bad thing can easily lead to many others".
    Maybe it's also a matter of perception, a minor event could easily pass unseen while a row of accidents turns the attention on the negative sides of life.
    However, this belief in evil eye is deeply rooted in Italian culture. Both my grandmas used to make rituals against it, which involved prayers and hand gestures on the forehead of the person affected by the bad luck. In other parts of the country the ritual is made by dropping some olive oil in a bowl filled with water.
    According to our traditions, to protect oneself from evil eye, people should keep with them an amulet shaped like a little horn, for instance a red chili pepper, or put big grains of salt in their pockets. My workmates keep a little bowl of salt in our office to do this.
    My mom also taught me to avoid eye contact or flattering people, for the same reason.

Besides personal belief, I'm really surprised that some traditions like salt or chili against evil eye are common to both Indian and Italian culture.