1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

@AkilaMani Have been quite busy with in-laws and baby (she's 2+ and I still call her baby!!).. not much here, but just settling in my role.. I am amazed how even with MIL helping in the kitchen I am occupied from 6:30am till midnight! It feels like I am being inefficient..so will be looking here for ideas.. Have a little break now so here I am! :D How are you doing? What are the girls up to? How was your India trip?

@sumalynux I feel you!!!! Oh soooo absolutely! The guilt, the love and pride, the I'm-going-crazy bit... lol. same busy working gal-now (retired?!!)h4 sahm...:beer-toast1: Its so good to have a vent here.. and troubleshoot issues big and small..

@cliona Hope you're doing good.. and baby is settling in.. leave a note when free.. think of you so often!

Hope the others are good too...Shara@chithirainilavu, @BDivya , and @blueFlower

AkilaMani and cliona like this.
  2. blueFlower

blueFlower New IL'ite

@Bubbles doing ok now, last week had to undergo a surgery for cervical incompetency so my parents had come here as I was advised bed rest. my elder one surprisingly adjusted with them and gave me no trouble at all! Now that they are gone back , I feel the empty space in my home as well as my life. wonder why cant my parents stay with me forever!!
    resumed work from 2 days and running late to office daily even today!! Not sure if im not yet recovered completely from bed rest!!! guess I have become more lazy since my mom was around to help me..
    phew! eagerly waiting to start my maternity leave as im finding difficulty in managing time and reaching on time to office, already!!
    more like a vent from my side than an update!!

3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi finally I made some changes in daily routine n putting an hour to update my blog...

I want to and need to make time for walking and taking care of face

4. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Sigh, don't we all!
    Nice to see your post.. Yeah managing work and pregnancy (except probably second trimester) IS pretty tough! Believe me, it's only after starting to vent here about all my efforts to 'keep house' while handling baby that I got some clarity and respite.. so vent on!:beer-toast1: (that's non-alcoholic btw ;))

@sumalynux New schedule, nice! Do you mind sharing? I am trying to work out a schedule to be ninja-housewife/mom AND make time to pursue other goals, like exercise/meditate/study (particularly the last one) sigh.... neither the one before the AND nor any of the ones after the AND are happening.. I wonder how others do it. Is it so tight for everyone, I wonder if I'm just clueless? Hmmmmm

Currently trying to make LO go to bed at least by 10pm. Goal is 8:30-9pm. No time for myself otherwise. And then I binge watch netflix or mindlessly browse the net until too late at night and then next day is gone etc.. You know the trend.:smash2:

Also wondering if it would be possible to cook during the day while LO is awake so I can use her sleeping time fully for myself.. (studying).. but I am torn because that would mean less quality time with her (besides a bit stressful for me). Its surprising, but I've come to realise it the hard way that even SAHMs don't get much time with their kids per se - time is spent more on managing/cooking/cleaning/clearing up/feeding etc and barely a couple of hours with the child, playing etc. And then the working spouse comes home, and you have to take care of the big baby, and everybody else wants time with baby too added to it!:rolleyes:

cliona likes this.
  5. sumalynux

Hi my son is 2.5yrs now.

This is what I started doing. Both son n me get up by 8am. (Dh takes lunch box from fridge n leave house by 7am).

8 to 10am me n ds brush, bathroom, breakfast n coffee (daily either idli or dosa for both of us). And call to India to my mom.

Then I put tv for an hour n start cooking n finish tomorrow lunch box for dh, Clean house n kitchen. Sometimes I keep cooker and browse in laptop in that time.

Then both ds n me take bath. N I sit n play with him till 1pm. Then both eat n sleep 2pm to 4pm.

4pm to 5pm he watches TV while I cook dinner. Then I put a movie for me, but sit down n play with son parallely n play n watch movie same time till 7pm till dh comes. 7pm we all eat dinner n shut kitchen by 8pm.

8 to 10 I am walking 30mins n browse and write blogs.

Yes I allow couple of hours of tv in a day..

Bubbles, AkilaMani and cliona like this.
  6. blueFlower

blueFlower New IL'ite

nice schedule @sumalynux
    My schedule is like, morning I wake up by 7.30 then directly I go to kitchen as my maid comes by 8, so gotto put the vessels for the next day to her. I cook bf(idli,dosa,paddu) and lunch for DS as both of us eat at office. Prep a curry, rice, rasam, boil milk, water, and kanji for DS. then I clear the vessels for maid and put in sink and then go to brush/bath. By the time DH wakes up DS and makes him bath/brush.. then I feed DS the kanji , pack lunch boxes and eat my BF and leave @9. My DH drops DS in daycare by 9.30 and he too leaves for work.
    In the eve I pick up DS around 5/5.30 and come back home and both of us drink pediasure/coffee in the balcony and then light the lamp and listen to devotional songs in TV for half hour and then I take him to play outside from 6.30 till 7.45.
    Then I feed him dinner(same as lunch) and then make some dinner(tiffin item) for us and have it by 9 and then I take DS to make him sleep within 11 and I too doze off.

me too planning to change certain schedules in the middle and bring a change. But not successful yet. will update once im into the new schedule!

7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi @AkilaMani @Bubbles @sumalynux @blueFlower long time all of u....
    Ah !!! So nice to see all your posts !!!
    Life is going on... quite busy. Now baby is a year old... slowly again rearranging the non maternity clothes in my cupboard. How many times should we ladies rearrange the cupboard in our lives !!! But men ! They have no trouble at all... not fair !.. anyway... I see that my old clothes have a bad smell... my mom suggests me naphthalene balls. But girls any alternative?? I have heard " Vasa" in Tamil or " baje"in Kannada is a good alternative. Anybody tried ?
    Regarding my schedule...
    Wake up at 8. Make bfast for baby. Hand him over to caretaker ( kind of settled now) have bfast and go to clinic for half day. Come back at 2 . Have lunch. Send the caretaker home. Nap or play with baby and the older one who will be back from school. Evening snack with baby. Go for walk with baby of course. Evening 7, make dinner and feed him. 9.30 retire for the day. Sounds very simple while writing.!! Ha ! But it isn't.... .. well ! Good thing is I am now able to adjust to the new person who isn't new anymore
    Lots of love to all,
    Cliona

Bubbles and AkilaMani like this.
  8. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

On weekdays

Wake up at 6:30 fresh up till 7. Make breakfast and lunch up to 8. Wake up my son. Make him ready for school by 8:30. After 10 min H also leave. Then make tea for me and mil take break for at least half hour after breakfast. Wake up my younger son at around 9:45 to 10. Give him breakfast. Have to sit with him as he is too small. Then start the washing machine, do other cleaning make my younger son ready. He keeps his dramas on. All work done with all those dramas. Then my elder son come back at 1. Change his clothes make him bath as in the morning can't do with his dramas so I just leave. Give him something to eat then give milk. They sleep by 2:30 or 3. Then me time starts. Don't like to do anything at that time. But not possible everyday. Still try to enjoy. Then at 4:30 make something for kids. Wake them up before 5. They eat for sometime then time for homework. Elder son is in nursery don't get much work still it takes 1 hr daily with all his dramas. Then make tea then dinner. And finish all my work by 10 to 10:30. By 11 elder son sleeps and younger one sleep at 12. Then again start another day.

Bubbles likes this.
  9. sumalynux

Nice to see your schedule.

@cliona

I washed all my dresses once (use fabric freshner) and some things like sweater or blankets which can't be washed, put in sunlight this will eliminate smell or dampness.

@MonikaSG how old is ur younger one. 12 bedtime seems late. Try pushing it to 10 at least by waking him at 8.30 once ur dh n son leaves. Just a suggestion....

I am improving my schedule doing 5000steps for now. Aiming 10000 steps a day let's c. If walking out it might be easy. Since it's winter and snowing not able to step outside.

For now browsing a bit and watching some tv.. Need to make time to write blogs let's c...

Bubbles likes this.
  10. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

He is 2 year old. Yes you are right. But you know the winter time feels lazy all the time. That's the reason of being very much active here. :) will try to wake him up little early. Thanx for the suggestion.

sumalynux likes this.