Choice School Cochin. Need info from parents of primary students please...

Discussion in 'Cochin' started by SumiD, Aug 16, 2015.

1. SumiD

SumiD New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are moving back to Cochin (from UAE) at the end of this year and would probably be enrolling our son into grade 3 for the next academic year.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have kids in the primary grade or have friends with kids in those grades who can help out with a few questions I have.

- Which grade do kids start to learn Malayalam?
    - Subjects taught in grade 1: I am assuming English, EVS, Maths, Hindi & Malayalam
    Any activities taught or kids are involved in from which they pick up other skills?
    - Subjects taught in grade 2: again assuming English, EVS, Maths, Hindi & Malayalam
    Any activities taught or kids are involved in from which they pick up other skills?
    - I read somewhere that Computers are introduced from grade 3?
    - What about other activities like:
    swimming, music, art etc? When are these introduced and whats the frequency in each term or in each month?

Would appreciate an feedback on the above, as I'll be able to get these answers only after I reach Cochin, which is a few months from now as I don't have anyone in my circle right now with kids there. :(

Thanks ladies. :)

2. appukichus

appukichus New IL'ite

Hi....
    We are currently in Dubai and plan to relocate to Kochi in next 2 years.A bit concerned on our little ones education,primarily on the English communication side.I had a review of different schools at websites and could find different opinions,however unable to conclude what could be the best school to go forward, focusing mainly on Academics and quality English communication. Highly appreciate if you can share your honest opinion on this.
    Thanks in advance....

3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Try BVM in Cochin . Both elamakkara and Girinagar branches used to be good. The focus was on academics and a good mix of extracurricular activities . Also a rule about only speaking in English while in school. Totally recommend it assuming it maintains the same standards from what I know years ago.

appukichus likes this.
  4. appukichus

appukichus New IL'ite

Thx a lot Sandycandy for ur reply...In fact we have heard good review about Bhavans school regarding the academic side but feedback not very impressive on the communication side..Any idea about Choice school and Global Public school ..
    Thanks

Sandycandy likes this.
  5. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Sorry no idea about choice or global schools. Also check out chinmaya ( in triputhinara I think ) .
    Dont remember communication in English being a problem at all in BVM ( I don’t speak malayalam) .Talk to the principal and teachers to get an idea how things are now . All communication was in English ( CBSE board) back then and Sanskrit and French were offered instead of Malayalam . Best wishes !

appukichus likes this.
  6. appukichus

appukichus New IL'ite

Thk u so much for ur valuable suggestions Sandycandy:blush:

7. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Can someone provide feedback on Choice and Rajagiri school ? Mainly want to know the language options from grd 7 onwards.