1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Joy Of Thinning Hair And Grayer Beard

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You remind me of the ancient quote, 'He scratcheth only when it itcheth'
    But there are also scratchers like me who need no motivation for it!

HariLakhera likes this.
  2. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

3. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Aha !!!
    Cheeniyananda Swamiji
    When can this humble human have your esteemed darshan and recieve thine benign blessings ?

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,

What a funny write up on a beard! I know it is every boy's dream to develop facial hair and shave it! Lately it is a big fad among men to grow a very heavy beard and sword like moustache! I am told there are special beauty products and regimens too to maintain the 'facial foliage'!

BTW, do you know how you really look without a beard?

Hindi actor (late)AK Hungal had recounted, once when he was hospitalised, a barber was called to give him a shave. That fellow did the job and told AK Hungal, 'You look a lot like Hindi actor Hungal, who is no more'!!!

5. Cheeniya

@Jeeves
    Pujya Jeeves Ji
    I managed to get a J included in every word there!
    I am omniscient and omnipresent in IL. I'll always be present for kindred souls!
    sri

6. Cheeniya

@GeetaKashyap
    In my youth, people who grew a beard were considered lazy. Most of them were clean-shaven. I have told them that if God had desired faces to be hairless, He would not have blessed humans with a beard. I would tell them that shaving was a kind of showing disrespect to God! Clean shave requires much less time than having beards like this:
    upload_2017-12-13_14-41-49.jpeg
    What a criminal waste of time this is!

I can imagine it. The moment I start thinking about it, a shudder passes through my body. Assuming that clean shave requires about 15 minutes, I have saved 6843.75 hours so far! Don't ask me if I did anything useful in all that time saved. I may have to start running my hand through my beard before answering that question!

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya
    First my aplogies to @Shyamala for the intrusion.

After a long time I am seeing this post and I visualised you with grey/white beard and taking a walk with the support of a stick and not with sadhu's robes, but with spotless white dhothi and white shirt matching to your beard.

Men with beard Ravindranath Tagore, Shakespeare, Tolstoy whom I have not seen, but Swami Chinmayanandha and Dhayanandha Saraswathi whose lectures I have heard in person came to my mind.

Now I have remembered one more reason for growing beard. In the by gone days husband used to grow beard when the wife was pregnant.

8. Cheeniya

Dear Simpa
    Thank you for your response. I see from your profile that you are not very active here. In nearly five years, you have posted only 39 messages. I look forward to your greater participation.
    Your message about hair colouring is very hairy, I mean, scary!

9. Cheeniya

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    I am a 'pant' man. If I step out of the house even to buy vegetables, I wear my pant and shirt. I have a tendency to trip over my dhoti and fall. So I wear it only at home. It is not spotlessly white but kind of brownish due to long usage and washing in the salty water. I tried all the tricks that we see in TV ads to keep it spotlessly white but they are of no use. And I wear only coloured pants.
    My grandpa grew a beard for over 15 years and you can guess the number of children he had!
    It is a pity that the man with the longest beard had to die because of the beard he loved so much. But in the photo, he has part of the beard pushed over his shoulder. How could he have tripped over it?

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@Cheeniya

Perhaps he let it flow from the front and that's why he tripped. This picture might have been taken when he was alive.