1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women Entering Sanctums .......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jeeves, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much for this exhaustive respnse. Very nice of you to state your opinion.
    The main reason for my posting this is the " Granite stones " and their effect on women. Even among granites, there are variations and we have some granites with curative properties to.
    Sure one has to accept change and flow with the tide. But certain beiefs are better left untampered !!

PavithraS and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. bmaquarius

bmaquarius Gold IL'ite

I wasn't aware of too many things regards temple details I'm glad you've shared the information. My simple logic is that with changing times religious institutions, cultural values ethos, all got to evolve and make it logical for generations to come. Major problem with religion is that it's majorly the domain of men. Women have taken a backseat due to whatever reasons. With modern education where empirical reasoning is primary, it is pertinent for the inclusive growth of religious practices, otherwise it'll always be viewed with suspicion. Can't knock judiciary for every matter. It would be wiser if the religious heads come to a consensus on contentious issues of gender equality or it'll only simmer discontent amongst the more rational people around.

3. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Thank you for dropping by ,Aquarius
    This is not a question of gender equality..but the health hazards that are in store if women enter the sanctum sanctorum and get exposed to the radiation from granite stones..their effects on the uterus and foetus etc. Little by little, our beliefs many of which were considered superstitions, are being scientifically proved. Hence, it is better not to bring gender equality in sensitive matters like this and leave things as they are.:))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

It is dangerous to leave things as they are not because the supernatural rays from granite stones will harm the women and the dislocation of a strange artefact may disrupt the satellite communication when contested, but, because such misplaced complacence is a blow to the greatest scientific minds who subverted centuries of dogma and fear by devoting their lives to unravel the truth. Truth is simple and beautiful. Yet, many want to obscure it away as unattainable nous. We have had questioning minds persecuted and burnt and slain for invoking this plain truth. Let's not glorify the traumatic 'Dark Ages' again. Never. Let's learn to call out a superstition a bugaboo and no amount of glossing over and rubbing it in pseudo-scientific hide will make that superstition smell like an inconceivable enigma within current standards that is shrouded in advanced and elusive understanding of natural forces.

This is not a lash out at you but anguish at our ill-conceived education system that even the postdoctoral youth barely understand the elemental concepts like "heat" and "gravity" and prefer to be carried away with falsified interpretations of physical sciences. I would normally not have interfered with such eloquent posts, but I am startled on a daily basis of the seemingly educated crowd who don't take time or effort in fact-checking to indict fake and rumoured knowledge.

I was mediocre in school and shabby with my academic learning. However, I am satisfied with my meagre reach that I understood what an electron and proton is amidst my poor performance compared to a lot of double-degree elites online whose ignorance on elementary physics is stupendous and whose crusade to dispense this misconstrued sciences is equally magnificent. Re: NASA claim, there are several educational sites debunking that fabricated myth.

Nothing personal against you, just bewildered as they say, a lie travels halfway the world while the truth is still putting on its boots. I am just imprecating that dandy truth for taking time to put on its clumsy boots before it could travel and spread.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    nakshatra1, Rihana, BhumiBabe and 2 others like this.
  5. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting information. I do not know how much of it is true. Woman entering sanctums is a hot topic these days. Possibly it is in the direction of woman empowerment. Let us assume that they are allowed to do it at Sabrimala. And I am all for it. Gone are the days when women not allowed to enter the kitchen during those three or five days. Sat Pratha gone, 30% reservations in village politics done! equal pay for equal work done. What next? Will all this change the basic mind set? Will this change the basic biology? Will women themselves will treat other woman equally?

6. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

7. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Thank you vry much Iravati for this long response.
    Well, you are entitled to your opinion and I to mine..no hard feelings :)

8. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much Harilakhera
    There are many other fields open for Women Empowerment. Let women go in for higher education and conquer the world of Science, Medicine and Engineering..Temple entry does got give them any empowerment..I reiterate that this is all a publicity stunt ! And I stick to it !
    Reincarnation was booed by the modern youth and some old time gents/ladies too. But Dr Michael Newton in his book " Journey of the Souls " has proved that what our ancestors spoke about having to account for our present miseries to our acts in our previous janma says it all ! So..." If the West proves this - on granites and temple entry , people will start believing this too."
    Cheers
    Jeeves:)

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It was quite i
    :hello:hats off to you Sister, you had covered entire gamut of belief, faith, idol or idols, temples indoors and outdoors and genders. what a patience with great deal of experience in sharing so much thought provoking information. I enjoyed re- reading indeed.
    @Jeeves Thanks a lot for bringing up such a hot topic throwing up so much of information scientific and unscientific as well.
    We have granites( male or female or neutral) in kitchens, hotels and many more including 5 star venues where people throng and activities going on 24 x 7. One wonders what would have happened to people/animals/livestock exposed to radioactive energy released from these granites. Live toads lizards and frogs reported encased within stones rocks including granites in American scientific jpournals but our Indian ancestors without much scientific knowledge could identify stones and rocks containing live reptiles while selecting for carving idols and temples. (rock cut temples)
    Interesting.
    Regards.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.