How Did You All Manage Your Baby Alone

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Meenu1991, Nov 24, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I started baby wearing which helped me to do most of the chores, take a stroll outside and do some shopping. Do some research about baby wearing and invest in an ergonomic baby carrier. It helped me a lot.
    I hired a cook to make breakfast and this made life easy. My baby too slept only in stretch of two hours and I slept along with him immaterial of whether it's day or night.
    I also invested in Cloth diapers so that our sleep is not disturbed and it's gentle on the skin compared to disposables.
    Like many moms managed you will be able to manage soon.There may be some bad days but don't worry about that. They will not be little for long.

2. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Hi meenu
    I am managing kid alone from 3 months . I am in US now so I don’t have cook or cleaner . Initially baby would not leave me to do any housework. He is also light sleeper. He wants me to lie down with him for naps and wakes up when I get up . Even in night he wakes every 2 hours. I thought it would be impossible but somehow it is getting managed. My husband is helpful but he has lot of office work and often travels to other cities which means I am alone at nights with baby . My fridge is loaded with ready to cook foods . I get very little time to cook with baby . There are some compromises you will have to make . But with time everything gets adjusted . Some days I also get super frustrated. Sometimes house is not clean . Clothes not washed etc .I cry and yell at my husband sometimes that he is not helping . But try to be calm . This is a phase and it will pass .

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Interesting.

I have twin daughters. From their six months , I was handling them alone. DH being in the defence, he was sailing a lot. So it was only me and my angels.

I had a part timer for washing vessels and sweeping and mopping. Whenever they sleep I finish my other works. I had a twin pram with me. I used to make them sit in that and do my work. Did only basic works like washing , drying, folding clothes, basic cooking, kids food etc.

My kids had different sleep patterns. One is a light sleeper, another sleeps deeply. They use to take turns means, one will sleep and other will b awake , then other will sleep and first one will b awake. I slept for 3 to 4 hrs.

Slowly I brought in the habit of making them sleep at the same time. in the cradle simultaneously I will swing and them shift them to bed slowly.

Make them sit in the pram and give their food. My feed I found it difficult. But managed.

Now they r 8 years and in 3rd standard.

When the situations come , we will manage dear. Just be cool and calm.

Everything will fall in place.

shara

Vasumathy likes this.
  4. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your tips dear.
    Still not able to get my LO on a schedule. Like you said when i follow the pattern that he followed the day before, he will not follow the same one next day. :shakehead:
    He gets deep sleep at nights, but day time, he hardly sleeps for 20mins. So difficult managing him and household chores.
    Hoping he will turn better as months pass by.

5. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Daffodil13

Having LO as a light sleeper is the issue. If he sleeps for atleast an hour, i can manage some work on my own. But he gets up in max 20 mins and wants to play and wants me around all the time. Since he did not have a good sleep, he will start to get cranky and wants to again go to sleep. This cycle continue till evening and by 7pm he goes to sleep for the night.
    I will be leaving to my place in the month end. Am starting to do all things on my own, bathing him, preparing his food etc. Hoping i dont lose my patience and try to accommodate all the chores :)
    How js your LO doing?

6. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Thats great divyarnair
    Managing without a maid is difficult, but hats off to you. i know its frustrating when the house is upside down and baby keeps crying and never sleeping, i lose my patience too.
    I hope this phase passes soon..

7. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Thats amazing dear.
    You had managed your twins alone, now that gives me hope :)
    I think all it needs is patience and perseverance. Which I totally lack :D
    With passage of time, hope i get your patience and perseverance :)