1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in jacksonville FL

Discussion in 'Indians in Jacksonville' started by radha04, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Dynamic

Dynamic Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Is anyone living in Montreax at Touch stone rd or Summer Key condominiums in Jacksonville, FL

2. Saranyaravi07

Saranyaravi07 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Am Saranya.we are moving to Jacksonville by next month from Virginia.my daughter s 5yrs old and she will b going to kindergarten.I need suggestions about apartments and good elementary schools nearby citycards way where my husband will work.

Thanks in advance

3. ansuyap

ansuyap New IL'ite

Hi , I am Anu, my son is moving to Jacksonville next month. After knowing about the recent shooting incident , we are very scared of this place.
    Please suggest safe residential gated communities in Jacksonville.
    Thanks in advance.

4. ansuyap

ansuyap New IL'ite

Hi, can someone let me know how is the area riverside post street in Jacksonville, Florida. We are shortly moving there from Detroit. Is the place safe and crime free. Any shops near by for Indian families. How is the public transport.
    Thanks,
    Ansu

5. vashin

vashin New IL'ite

Hi Saranya, welcome to Jacksonville. Hope u moved Citi card building is in Bartram locality. My hubby is also working there only. Batram school is too good.
    Hi Saranya.. hope u moved. Which apartment u moved? I'm in avenues

6. Aashikaa

Aashikaa New IL'ite

Hi All!

We are currently in Mumbai but moving to Jacksonville early next year. I have a 5 year old boy and a 2 year old daughter. Needless to say anxious at the thought of uprooting our comfy lives here and heading to a much tougher life in the US. We are also doing our school and apartment search from here. Looking for spacious 3br apartments in a good elementary school zone. We also prefer ones with a lot of amenities and a nice friendly community. Having a few Indian families around would be the icing on the cake. I have zeroed in on the Bartram Park area and these apartment communities (Alaqua/Palm Bay club) and the Bartram Springs Elementary School. PLease suggest of any other nice apartment complexes which are new and modern and offer spacious living.
    Secondly I need advice on whether we should ship furniture from here or buy stuff online or from stores once we are there? Our company will move everything for us from here.
    Thirdly, what kind of help is available for household chores and for kids? Please let me know if indian nannies are available who could come a few times a week and also cook/do some small jobs at home.

All your inputs shall be much appreciated. Look forward to connect with one and all

Thanks
    Aashika

7. Aashikaa

Aashikaa New IL'ite

Hi Anu!

Any luck in narrowing down your search for a gated community? Where are you renting finally? We are looking to move early next year from Mumbai!

TIA
    Aashika