1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding gift for a close friend - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SunNaa, Apr 29, 2014.

1. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

Thanks nuss! will check out these perfumes....Raybans is good but somehow I feel watches/bags would be a better gift....maybe it's just me..I have never used sunglasses in my life so my knowledge is pretty limited...

She is an avid reader though so I'm thinking if I should reconsider my decision and give her also a kindle.... the other friend that I gave kindle fire was from school..this one is from college and it doesn't matter right if I give the same gift? They are two different people! let's see...

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions!

1 person likes this.
  2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

No, def not. It will be great if she likes reading. Can you ask her for suggestions? Some people like me, don't like reading on an ebook as much ss the real book. Some how I like turning pages :). Kindle is still a great option though.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

manali,

since she is your close friend, you can definitely ask her what she would like to have. getting her something she wants and would love will be a great option. i would say if there is a possibility of taking her shopping in india why not make it a cherished outing...

though i loved the bag,perfume and other ideas..

For bags and your budget, there is our indian brand that is coveted abroad too..hidesign they have some wonderful designs that last a lifetime with care.. i love them..

1 person likes this.
  4. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

since you are ready to spend $200, u can go for pearl set, ring, ear tops or any semi precious stone studded jewellery sets or kundan sets coz even after her wedding if she settles abroad she can easily carry them with her and use them

1 person likes this.
  5. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

thanks everyone!

I did ask her finally..she first said watch and then when I gave her the option of kindle...she got really excited..ha ha...I guess I will give her that only then...

Thanks for the help guys! :)

sindmani, vathsala30, Radhai and 2 others like this.
  6. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, wrist watches, diamonds are best bet. Gold prices are heavy for$ 200 you won't get
    much.

7. SwatiSri

SwatiSri Senior IL'ite

I am a great fan of personalizing and hand-made items as it conveys a warm and special feeling! For a couple friend's wedding anniversary, I recently gifted hand-made marble & wood coasters, which were personalized with engravings of their names. This gift was much appreciated!
    A good place to look for such gifts is Etsy as they have hand-made & personalized items created by individual artisans and artists. So, it is a nice gesture on both sides!