1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

watched aramm and would love few more satirical movies of the same themes. than nayan the kid’s eyes haunted me for long.

watched single single qarib qarib what started on a promising note got confused at the end. two contrasting personalities who are single and are llooking for company. liked the treatment but some times ...

tumhare sulu a through and through vidya balan movie in a middleclass environment along with meddling relatives..it was a light one could have ended up heavy otherwise.

HazelPup likes this.
  2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Recently watched Magalir Mattum and was a big let down..
    Over the years, I forgot the Overacting queen tag given to Jothika. This film reminded me of that again. Her reactions were exaggerated in most of the scenes. Also entire film was created just out of exaggeration. I cannot believe this film had good reviews..Wondering what for:facepalm:?

vidhyalakshmid and HazelPup like this.
  3. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Magalir Mattum.... waste of time overacting Jo ...

what's this huge controversy about Padmavathi

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Haha, same feelings! I liked the making of it - the direction, the acting, the way the movie flip flops between the past and present, the relationship between the lead actors and the supporting actors etc. But can't really say that I was impressed with the contents. It's one of those films where you enjoy watching it but once its ends, gives you the "oh heck, what did I just watch just now?" feeling...

Regarding foul language, I think its just to portray how crude the hero is and can be. Its just a part of his "I-don't-give-a-damn" attitude. Nothing more than that.

Mistt likes this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I agree :beer-toast1:

HazelPup likes this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

You mean, why she chooses to take the bus instead of the train? I have so many theories on that one though.

I watched the film but couldn't find what was the whole controversy about. Was it because she had a one-night stand? Or that she had a one-night stand despite being married? Or that she had a one-night stand despite being a married woman?

anushri, ILoveTulips and HazelPup like this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Nice analysis of the movie. I can say it is a bold movie in Telugu. After success of that movie The hero (Vijay Devarakonda) followed same attitude in real life too.

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Watched Rajasekar's Garudavega. It is a thriller movie and liked it....

9. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

I recently watched a Bengali movie called "Chotushkone". It's a rather slow-burning drama for the most part but brilliantly morphs into a thriller in the last 20 min or so and the climax is amazingly done with a nice twist. I don't understand Bengali one bit but they have the movie on Einthusan with English subtitles. Highly recommended!

10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Mersal - Vijay gives many lectures many times. Nothing new!