1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of small cockroaches

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sweety62, Jun 8, 2009.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

There are two things to consider, especially if you live in a flat rather than a house.
    (a) Where the cockroaches live/breed in your flat, what attracts them.
    (b) Whether they could be coming from next door.

Since this post is in the "Spotless Kitchen" forum, I guess you are already aware that rubbish bins, sinks, etc. must be kept scrupulously clean and food items stored in closed, airtight, odor-free containers to prevent attracting insects. Make it a habit to plug sink drains when you are not using them. However, no matter how much care you take, if your neighbours do not maintain equally hygienic conditions, then an infestation is hard to prevent.

My suggestion would be to first call a pest control company to get your current tenants taken care of. Then keep a sharp eye out for a recurrence. If you are confident that your house is clean (no stray dabba accumulation, junk piled in a loft, etc.), then consider external reservoirs as sources of infestation.

On the other hand, if you are only worried about small cockroaches, just feed them; they will get bigger and you can keep them as pets.:lol:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  2. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

I also faced a same prob .so I bought roaches 8n walmart but it’s not working great

3. Meenarai

Meenarai Senior IL'ite

We get one powder....but it is not legally sold
    ...where are you from

4. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Hello this post is originally from 2009 and we get answers in 2017 tooo. Hope sweetys problem of roaches is taken care by now.

I liked the comment where pest becomes pets ... hope it was not a jumbled word

5. Meenarai

Meenarai Senior IL'ite

My medicines is the best....even tough we stay in Dubai...and in our appartments...almost everyone has cockroaches...but we don't have even a single...before we were too.suffring with this problem...then one of my frend gave me this powder...which is not legally sold at stores....but we get it from one of the stores....its cost is only 50 dhrms....if anyone need we can get it for you ....I am not charging anything extra...

6. sokanasanah

I'm glad the product helped you, but if it's not commercially available, there may be a reason. Please be extremely careful when using pesticides. They can be toxic to humans too and the effects may be slow, not immediately noticeable, and cumulative.

Naari likes this.
  7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

h:lol:ahaha... this sounds like that song of the wandering pervert from GiGi... that goes "Thank heavens for little .........., they get bigger every day"
    There is the boric acid scheme which is not toxic to humans:
    Boric Acid The Best Natural Cockroach Killer | GoodGeek.info

8. sokanasanah

More innocent times ... or is there dope on Chevalier that I don't know about?o_O
    Yes, but then boric acid is freely available!

9. Meenarai

Meenarai Senior IL'ite

Yeah I do agree with you....this the only powder which is sold to pest control staff...so that there make money with it...but as my fend has a store that's the reason we would buy from her....it's superb medicine....every six month we put it....then after putting it...we won't be staying at home for any 2 to 3 hrs...then by the time we come all the cockroaches been dead....with that smell there come out from there hidden places and die

10. boppy

boppy Silver IL'ite

mix boric acid powder, milk powder and sugar and put it in all corners of the kitchen. and you will see all the cockroaches vanishing within a week.