1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fil "jokes" To Sil That I Have "good News"

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by poi098, Aug 1, 2017.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

A man doesn't have to be a super man to make his wife pregnant at one shot. It is normal, and it happens to many. Believe me!
    So, your PILs expectation is not really wrong.
    You guys must have met minimum 20 times in this 6 months of marriage, and this is fairly a very good frequency to become pregnant ;) unless you have other plans.
    In this case, be upfront and explicitly tell the family members that you are yet to plan your family. This minimizes a lot of issues down the line.

There you are... You really need to establish a good foundation in your marriage before you expand your family.
    Enjoy this initial stage and use it as a medium to get to know each other. Travel together and spend some quality time before you are on pregnancy mode.
    Once you become a mother, you will always be a mother only... I mean, your children will steal all your times!

sindmani and salad like this.
  2. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

Well, it is good to spend your time with each other, however before you plan to expand your family, get a basic check done from both sides. I too did not plan for an year, but it so happened that even after 9 years we are still 2. It depends on the health that enables perfect conjugation.. Enjoy your life:)

sindmani likes this.
  3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG] You crack me up.

Archanaanchan and Sandycandy like this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You seem to be over thinking this. Your FIL perhaps wishes for you to have a child. And that is a fairly common wish. His joking about the matter is just merely awkward and he certainly redeems himself by saying there's loads of time I doubt if there is any mischief meant.

You ignore it. Just smile and say, "like you s ay dad, there's plenty of time. As soon as we feel readyto . " then put it out of your mind. Pil 's earnest wishing can't move things along. It's your business and there's no reason for you to comment or commit or even give the matter another thought till you are ready. Just go about your business without trying to read between the lines. Will make life much simpler. (I talk from experience; waited nearly a decade to have a baby)

GoneGirl and sindmani like this.
  5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

May be ur FIL hints. But the family seems to be very casual and easy moving(acc. To my understanding). If u don't mistake this I think this is not a problem at all. If u feel weird, u can sarcastically ask ur FIL that "ask ur son", Iam ready. I think this may shut him up further with a !

6. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

I'm recently married as well. 8 months. My husband has got little interest or no time for intimacy.

But my MIL asked me too many times if we planning to delay baby. She even asked me if I'm on pills. She asked me if I'm not interested in intimacy. I hate her. How can she think if there is a delay in having baby, it has to do something with the girl?

I wanted to shout out to my MIL, that it is her son who is not interested in intimacy. But I told her we are planning to have baby by next year. Just a lie.

I came bedroom and told my husband very clear, if he touches me just for the sake of babies when his parents insist, he will lose me forever. I got extremely angry on my husband for what my MIL asked me. My husband only put the blame on me saying it is me who is bringing up fights and spoiling our relationship which is not true.

I think your FIL is playing the role of my MIL in your story. Soon he will ask you if you are on pills. :tongueclosed:

7. poi098

poi098 Bronze IL'ite

Haha, yes you are totally right. I am glad i am not the only one in this situation. Even my husband has little time and little interest in intimacy. If i say something, he gets angry.

TARIQ likes this.
  8. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Your FIL wishing for grandchildren exactly nine months after ur wedding is natural. It is just his fond desire. It is his first time being a Grandpa and he has tons of dreams about it. I find it so endearing! :) Believe me, he will absolutely dote on your kid. And putting hand on ur head and saying, "there's time..." Even more endearing! :):)

This is what is of concern to me. A new husband, not able to get his hands on his willing brand new wife during the week, would actually be dying to do it during the weekend. This long-distance thingie... not for long, okay?

It has been long since I was a brand new willing wife. Maybe things have changed since then. ROFL!! All the best, sweetheart!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  9. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Probably old thinking and the older generation don’t know much about reproduction do they?

Next time he says that jokingly say to sis ohh I don’t know actually FIl has some exciting news and watch his face!

When DH isn’t there and FIl says something or DH isn’t listening, tell ur FIL ohh DH doesn’t want kids right now...again watch his face!

nakshatra1 likes this.