1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You?

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Oct 16, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

The house was painfully silent with his roommate away in a business trip. It made Rohit uncomfortable as he always loved to have people around. He made himself a cup of coffee and sat in the balcony. A loud laughter came from neighboring house and it was then he realized what he was missing.

Vedika.. He has to ask her. He never had the courage to ask her all this days but he has reached a stage where he clearly missed her. Should I tell Rachna first?

It was for the office new year party hosting he met Rachna. He had just returned back from onsite and Rachna was a new joiner in the company. Both of them volunteered to act as master of ceremonies for the event and were selected to do it together. It was during the event preparation he met her. They had so many things in common and they were a hit in the stage.

His friends remarked that they had wonderful chemistry together. Post the event he felt a vacuum and missed Rachna. Soon the friendship blossomed into love and Rohit went to Rachna’s home to declare his love for her.

He thought she was living alone in her flat and he was surprised to see Vedika there. From the moment he saw her , Vedika entered his heart. He used to visit Rachna’s house just to have a look of Vedika. Her innocence, sweet smiles, independent nature captivated him.

From that time whenever they went out he suggested Vedika should accompany them and soon he became Vedika’s favorite too. He wondered how to ask Vedika. His mind debated whether he should talk to Rachna first and ask her to talk to Vedika. Rachna would definitely understand wouldn’t she?

That evening his mind kept on thinking of various possibilities. He loved this confusion and this wasn’t something he experienced in his thirty plus years of life. He went to Rachna’s house armed with lot of things in hand. Rachna who opened the door was surprised to see him.

Vedika came out of the room and he went on bended knees to ask her the question

‘Will you be my step-daughter?’.

She giggled and looked at her mother Rachna who nodded her head. Vedika ran towards Rohit to snatch the ballons from him who was getting ready to go on knees for the second time.

kaniths, sumalynux, ashima10 and 14 others like this.
  2. Anjelin

Anjelin Gold IL'ite

Nice Story. Loved the twist.

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

LOL...you should guess why I said lol...:laughing::tonguewink: ..good one!
    --PS

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks Anjelin

5. blackbeauty84

I couldn't guess why you said LOL. Do explain :)

peddadas likes this.
  6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Obviously , I thought like is he seeing two at the same time..fishy ..that is why lol...
    --PS

7. blackbeauty84

:)

8. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

nice story with good twist at the end.

9. blackbeauty84

Thank you Padhmu. Have a great day!

10. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Wow BB I didn't expect that twist in the story. Really beautiful story. You r such a beautiful writer..:hearteyes::)