1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Child Seeing Bees At Night? Hallucinations?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Naari, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

That is so cute amica! And so perfect for my little mlp fan! ThAnks! Will order this , hopefully the problem goes away before that though.

Amica likes this.
  2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear Naari....
    My frnd’s daughter who is 2.5 yrs old used to wake up twice, from her sleep and say, “mumma dinosaur is coming near me”....
    Later my frnd started shooing it away...
    Next she realised she was scaring the kiddo by saying, “ if u dont eat dinosaur will come” that had created a fear in kid’s mind....

Things you can try with little angel
    1. Before she goes to sleep, talk about all the things that makes her happy and brings a big smile on her face....
    2. Compliment her and remind her about all the good things sne has done in a day....
    3. Play with her in the evenings...
    4. Limit media usage.
    5. If possible read any bed time stories, or if she loves any mythology story read them....
    6. Give her a big tight hug....
    7. When you spray from the pretend bottle, ask your angel to spray too, so she will be double sure....
    8... above all, take it easy and hugs to you and little angel

Naari and Rakhii like this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

My son went through this at a similar age.

He was obsessed with zombies for some reason.
    He won't even go inside the room to sleep even when we are sitting right out.
    He also used to wake up in the middle of the night and yell out that he's having a nightmare.

N everytime it's zombies.

I googled n read about these night terrors n followed a few things, and it actually worked.

I first made him draw the zombie.
    Then keeping that as a reference we started searching the room for the zombie.
    I asked him to point out where the zombie is standing.
    Once he pointed, I fake fought with him, took a book, shoved the zombie in it, n we went out n threw the box out.
    I told him it's out now.
    - I had to repeat this a few times n even kill the zombie.

Made sure that he doesn't watch any thing, violent or scary or anything negative. Noticed that had a worser effect.

No gadgets, after dinner we make him read or play with toys or do some art / crafts till bed time.

His bed is filled with all his superheroes plush pillows around him, used to say that they will fight the monsters when he's asleep.

Night light helped, he still needs some light to sleep.

Also sound, it helps, as the 'night noise' of bugs n stuff disturbed him. So either a noisy air conditioner, or an extra loud fan, tv, music, or even us talking in his hearing distance helps or baby monitor / walkie talkie, anything to keep the night noise out.

I tell him to think about happy things when he goes to bed, like a vacation we took, or something we did together or with his friends or even just himself n also the happy things he wants to do. Or imaginary stories. Any "happy thoughts".

These are the options I tried n the night terrors stopped. It may not go just in a few days, it took a few months in our case but kept following all these things n eventually it just stopped one day. Good luck!

Naari likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Naari you know what I am saying right? Like even for us, when we close our eyes, we see some "matter", i am unable to explain it. Its probably that. I agree with the rest of the team here. Happy thoughts before bed time. My daughter is also 5 and she tells me about these bees. I told her that I see them too when i close my eyes, they are harmless. That seems to help.

Naari likes this.
  5. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

@nandinimithun Thanks Nandini! That's a great list. I do read books and play with her, also have a ritual of big hug, small hug and a 5 minute tata-bye bye session (Good night, sweet dreams, I love you , you are the best baby in the whole world & she responding with the same)..But, need to limit media time for sure, she plays a lot with her tablet! but, great response. Thank you, will do!:blush:

6. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

@ashneys Thanks a ton! That is really comprehensive. I do feel like no tablet after dinner shd really help in her case. We are definitely going to do the fake spraying/fighting thing. She did Ok last night, slept after some explaining, but did come to our bed in the middle of the night. So, additional work needed for sure.

Also, will try night light to see if it works. Thanks for sharing your experience. Will keep everything in mind!

7. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Yeah, I see what you are saying. She seems to see it with open eyes but only in dark. Possibly a combination of fear of dark+impact of some video she might have watched, not sure though. But, will try the night light and Happy thoughts before bedtime suggestion for sure. Thanks dear!