1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Update On Meeting The Parents

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Cantdecide, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last posted, and just wanted to follow up for anyone who had wanted an update. To recap, I'm an American woman, dating an Indian man, facing all the cultural problems you could expect. We were together two years almost. To keep things short and sweet, his parents came to visit, and they were very nice. His mom is lovely, I really adore her. His dad is funny and we butted heads sometimes but he took it in good spirit and so did I. :) So we had our differences, but we respect each other and each other's opinions. However, during the visit, I found out that he was cheating on me too. Who would have thought? At the end of the day, I'm glad to have found out.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017

2. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Hopefully you gave him a Bruce Lee 'Kick' and Mohamed Ali 'punch' :boxing:

What a sleaze bag !! While you n his family were bonding - he was busy with his own bonding :smash2:

Thank god you found all this atleast now.. Have a nice girls night out n say good riddance :beer-toast1::cheer:

NeetaR likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Sorry to hear that the events ended up this way. You have made all the efforts to meet his parents and make them happy by rising up to their expectation levels. But...

At the same time I am so happy for that you found out his real nature. Thank God.
    Hope you 'treated :grinning-smiley-048: " the cheater well. Kick him out of your way:smash2:.

Good Luck girl , you deserve better one.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Dishaa likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@Cantdecide, I am so sorry to hear this. But glad you found out before you married him. *hugs*

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

His loss. Their loss. They lost out on a wife/bahu who can make aalu parathas and biryani.