1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

hair straightening or Smoothing???

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by harsha989bhatia, Oct 29, 2013.

1. harsha989bhatia

harsha989bhatia New IL'ite

Hi,

I am 23 yrs old. Actually i have dry and wavy hair(U can say buddhi ke baal types :eek:mg:) and my mom is forcing me to go for hair straightening but i am afraid to do so as we all know chemicals used while straightening are very harmful and damages hairs to a great extent. Is there any other option available to keep my hair manageable as i cannot let them open anytime notdonesmiley. I have also heard about hair smoothing. Can anyone pls elaborate the latter one in detail and Kindly share your experiences. Bye...waiting for response... :) surrendersmiley

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Try straightening your hairs at home without any chemical using straightener.. definitely chemicals will make your hairs more dry .. try some packs for your hair. use good conditioners some moisture lock.. visit dermatologist and get a suggestion about shampoos and conditioner which can suit your hairs.

3. sandhyachander

sandhyachander Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Do you apply hair conditioners after shampoo-ing yr hair? Pl try some good conditioners. There are lots available in the market.

Applying conditioner will give a soft finish. After taking bath, dry yr hair naturally....for sometime do not use hair dryer.....

After drying, use hair serum, and straighten with yr own straightener equipment.

My hair was like yours previously, now its manageable. I used little little techniques and now its awesome.

The other option being, you can use hair creams to soften your hair.....

Hope this helps....

RohiniVenkat and nakshatra1 like this.
  4. harsha989bhatia

harsha989bhatia New IL'ite

Thanks Padmash and sandhya for ur suggestions..I do use Dove Conditioner after shampooing...Please tell me some hair masks to make them silky as they are too much frizzy..and very difficult to manage..cannot keep them short as i am with thin face and short hair dont go with my face..I do oil(mustard oil) my hair once a week... I do occasionaly straighten my hair but i needed some permanent solution for it..but not on the cost of damaging them..so lets try some natural solution first then in worst case wil have to opt for Straightening.. :-(

5. ASHUASHU

ASHUASHU New IL'ite

HI dear , Even I had same issue , but then I started using home made sour curd .. curd that need to be fermented one day more, apply on your hair , just was with water do not shampoo , next morning shampoo your hair , the oiliness and moisture in hair will help to soften the waviness... regular use of curd can really help you to soften your hair.

ASHWINI

6. ashsummer

ashsummer Junior IL'ite

You should moisture your hair on a daily basis. You should consider a hair brush. I have one. Initially I
    bought it for my mom, she has wavy hair with soft curls and this brush straightened it perfectly. Then I tested it out and ordered it too.
    [​IMG]
    You can consider other options here 6 Best Hair Straightening Brush Models That Actually Work
    [​IMG]

7. beautybb

beautybb New IL'ite

I usually straighten my hair once a year, not more harmful than you think.
    wavy hair is really hard to care.
    or you can try Electric Hair Straightener Comb

KavyaKMV likes this.
  8. KavyaKMV

KavyaKMV New IL'ite

Dove conditioner is not very good. It leaves my hair somewhat dry. I prefer loreal conditioners. They leave your hair feeling more enriched.
    Also, just wanted to add that I went for permanent hair straightening three times and the results were really good all 3 times. I recommend loreal professional hair straightening at a loreal salon.
    Straightening your hair using blow dryers without applying a protective gel can harm your hair even if it's done occasionally.

9. NainaTSN

NainaTSN New IL'ite

Smoothening or rebonding, both leave your hair damage for further. Not only me but most of my other friends have also experienced severe hair fall and dryness after smoothening. Instead of going chemical way, you can opt for few home remedies to make your hair manageable.

10. AncientWisdom

AncientWisdom New IL'ite

Try mixing coconut oil and Aloe Vera gel and applying it on your hair. Leave it for an hour or so and wash it off normally. You will find reviews and testimonials of this method on Youtube and on the web. Aloe in general is very effective, and when combined with coconut oil, it does wonders and moisturizes the hair really well. Reduces frizz significantly.