1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Every possible information about life in Buffalo,NY

Discussion in 'Indians in New York' started by asmitankish, Jul 12, 2014.

1. asmitankish

asmitankish New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I and my husband are soon moving to Buffalo,NY from Orlando,Fl. I am very curious to know about everything as how is lifestyle, weather and cost of living there in Buffalo. I am in love with florida , its weather, beaches everything, so very eager and excited about exploring Buffalo. please share every possible information.

tia,

asmita

2. Kalpana294

Kalpana294 Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    welcome to Buffalo... From Orlando to buffalo its going to be a little difficult with the climate... Buffalo area is cold atleast from november till april... Only towards end of april, snow subsides and you get some spring... But otherwise you do have lot of Indians in buffalo area with few indian stores and restaurants...Niagara falls is the biggest and closest attraction... Its beautiful all through the year... I love it during winters.. although its very cold during winters, you get enjoy the peace and the sound of the water.. its more like meditation...
    You have the finger lakes/hamlin beach/letchworth state park/ithaca(watkins glen)... I can list you more places if you need... You may find it a little difficult the first winter but will get used to it from the next one... Cost of living is pretty normal.. its not a very expensive city...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  3. yenyes

yenyes New IL'ite

Hi Kalpana,

I was just goin thru ur info about Buffalo,NY.I live in NJ and and would be soon moving to buffalo. I have a 7 yrs old who is in first grade. Can you please let me know about the safest community for indians to live ...schools too..Any information related to the same is hight appreciated.

TIA,

Shalini

Hi2017 likes this.
  4. Duva

Duva New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am happy to introduce myself as a new ILite.So far I have seen so many useful information and tips from u friends.Now I am a member of this informative site.
    So currently I am in oklahoma and we are shifting to Buffalo,NY this month.I need help in finding an apartment with good indian population there.plz reply...

thank you,
    Duva

5. Purnaraj19

Purnaraj19 Silver IL'ite

Hi!
    I'm moving to buffalo soon with family, any idea on good private elementary schools and safe areas to rent. suggestions are much appreciated!

Thank you,
    Purna

6. Hi2017

Hi2017 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am staring a project in a weeks time in Buffalo downtown.
    I am from NJ. I will be going alone - so will like to know more about the area.

Initially I would like to take a hotel. Which is the nearest/ safest hotel to downtown. Any Days Inn/ Best Western/ La quinta - looking for anything which is below $75 per day. Not even sure of the daily rates. Here in NJ we can take one room rental in Desi's apt/house. Do they do that in Buffalo.

I dont have car, so need to rely on public transportation. Which location is ideal, like less than 5 miles from downtown, indian grocery, public transportation. Not sure if 5 miles distance you can get all this, maybe 10 miles if everything is far away.

Please suggest friends.

7. Hi2017

Hi2017 New IL'ite

Where do you live btw.

8. Hi2017

Hi2017 New IL'ite

Hi Duva - hope you are still browsing Sulekha

9. Hi2017

Hi2017 New IL'ite

Hi Kalpana - are you still in Buffalo?