1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You React To Such Ppl Who Care More About Appearance

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by C00lhoney, Sep 26, 2017.

1. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

It's your body, your tummy, bum, head, hands n legs, you don't have to justify your body, size or shape to anyone in this world. You are not eating her food.

Tall, short, thin, fat, dark, fair - people will always have something to say. People used to call me olive (popeye's stick like girlfriend) when I was thin n when I put on weight they called me a balloon.

And they still have something funny to say even when am in a normal weight. But all this coming from my friends, and this lady is not even your friend. She is just mean. She has no rights to talk about your physical appearance.

Next time, say something to her too. Just think of a good come back. Don't let it waste any more of your time, she's not even worth it.

sindmani likes this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You should have told her she was a very rude person to make such personal comments.
    Such people should be shamed into introspection.

3. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

Stay away from such people they are really not good, they affect people and it creates many issues I have similar issues then my husband started telling me ..this is not good ..wear this and wear that. Its horrible. Maintain distance and dont think on her.

Dishaa likes this.
  4. C00lhoney

C00lhoney New IL'ite

hahaha...even when i got back home....i felt the same....

5. C00lhoney

C00lhoney New IL'ite

yeah so true...better stay away from such ppl...

6. C00lhoney

C00lhoney New IL'ite

Thank you everyone for taking time and responding and providing your comments...definitely as many suggested am gonna just ignore her and walk away....

@venlax - yup i do consider the positive side of the comment and to focus more on myself.... but nothing is like magic and tummy reduction is definitely gonna take sometime :) :) I do have faith on my efforts and will work more towards it....

@KavyaKMV - You must definitely talk to your friend but in an healthy way and not in a judgmental way..Do you really know that she is not taking any effort for it....if she is your friend, then yeah you can tell her in polite way and help her in taking efforts for reduction...

KavyaKMV likes this.
  7. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

I learned a lesson for life because of such people ...I helped them at many level.
    Now I keep distance from such people and dont allow them to get into personal life.
    I don't want to elaborate my issue here but I will say such people are harmful.

C00lhoney and sindmani like this.
  8. KavyaKMV

KavyaKMV New IL'ite

I did want to tell her but she recently complained to me about other people giving her similar advice.... so I decided to keep my thoughts to myself. She has this idea in her head that being fit is only to look good. For some reason, she doesn't seem to think much of the benefits of staying healthy....

9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

People often say things not out of spite but ill-manners. They just don't know how to ask vague questions, how to engage in a conversation, how to interact with personal affection. They confuse straight-talk for welfare and curiosity for intimacy. People often ask humiliating questions to feel closer to you. Many don't even inspect how their talk comes across to the other person. Keep it light. Make jest of the situation.

Arey, what am I to do now. I already found a nice and tall gent, so I can be anything.
    Ab kya boloon, why are you like this, I was in lot of ways. Then finally my centre of mass settled in this position.

Retaliation and sarcasm are brahmastras for a final smackdown. You don't want to squash every unwarranted tease or wayward remark with such powerful weapons. Use them, but much later. Be unfazed and impassive about misbegotten comments. Humour them. Most of the times, the person in question is just inept in social talk and not necessarily insolent.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    C00lhoney and ashima10 like this.
  10. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

its a sad truth of the current state of world that appearances are everything . there is no escaping this fact . this lady told you on your face , there are others who might be talking behind ur back . use this insult as a motivation to exercise and be healthy . we are all going to shrivel and become old someday , physical beauty fades .