Dec 2017 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by 28neha, May 16, 2017.

1. mom2nov

mom2nov Senior IL'ite

I feel the real pain is not delivery,but the phase after that.. it includes feeding, delivery wound recovery.. and most importantly having another life being dependant on us for the rest of our life.
    Since i am a second time mom, am trying to not repeat the mistakes i did first time during postpartum recovery.
    What i realized eventually is that there are soo many good baby products to make life simpler, but our parents are stuck in old gen thoughts. Cuz of that i had sleepless nights, cracked nipples, tensed and low milk supply, etc.. Not
    to blame parents.. but i think its this gen responsibility to get informed and stay abreast of the latest baby products.. let see how successful i will be this time.

Alamelum likes this.
  2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Haha...blast from the past for me when you guys talk about the Heparin. Took those shots till week 34 and i remember my nurse who used to come home for the shots disappeared in week 25 post which I made my hubby give me the shots....never will forget his shaking hands, the multicoloured thigh and a really hard side courtesy of the progestrone shots too. Thankfully that was only for my first pregnancy and this time around have not had to have anything beyond the TT shots..Phew!

3. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

With regards to the discussion on fear of delivery, believe me whether its a C Sec or Normal delivery, the pain is mostly in your head than in the body. Vaginal delivery is obviously the best way forward since the recovery is so much faster, but having gone down the road of CSec, I would say that it all depends on your doc's surgical abilities too. My doc was really good and infact my experience of the Csec was a breeze (fingers crossed that whichever the route this time, its a similar breeze!). I had no pain during recovery and infact refused the pain killers (to which my nurses thought I was nuts!!!) and healing was super quick (within about 2 weeks I was fully agile and even giving my son a bath). The main thing in vaginal or normal delivery is whether you opt for the epidural during the vaginal delivery and ofcourse the spinal block which isint a choice during the C Sec. Its just the fear that someone will stick a shot in your back and then you can feel anything waist down..its actually not that bad. Infact when you are in the OT, the only thing that running in your head is a normal and healthy child and none of the pain of shots, cuts, etc are working in your head. Once you hear your child cry and have her/ him in your arms, everything else is forgotten coz motherhood takes over you fully. Its an amazing experience starting from feeding within the first hour to pushing yourself to being there for your child with your motherly instincts. Yes, I had low supply initially but with the right counselling from my lactation consultant, I was successful in feeding my son till 20 months and post which he self weaned. I do hope that all of us have an amazing birthing experience and an exciting motherhood (first or second or third time?) ahead! Oh yeah...the one thing which you will miss the most post delivery is the jiggling your tummy....so yes, try to take a video of your baby movements which are visible clearly from week 32 onwards on the top of your belly ( i missed that in the first pregnancy so intend to ensure that I record this time around). Its a really funny thing but yes, once you deliver you really will miss being pregnant :relaxed::p:cool::cheer:

Alamelum and RohiniVenkat like this.
  4. DharaniRaj

DharaniRaj Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Gud to read the emotional messages. I am in my 28 week. Yesterday did the hemoglobin test and it was 11.. not sure whether it is enough or not. I am having baby girl. :):)I feel my bump looks small for the no.of weeks. some people say that i don't look like 28 weeks pregnant. I am worried about it..Experienced momies please let me know if its normal. I have gestational diabetics so i have gained only 8 lbs(4Kgs).. Is it less?? i am bit concerned about it... I have my dr appointment on Friday.

5. preethavish

preethavish Junior IL'ite

Dear Rohni,
    please consult your Doc on dosage ofmedicines, esp Ecospirin as it helps in growth of baby intrauterine. Good Luck.

Preetha

RohiniVenkat likes this.
  6. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your suggestion Preetha.

7. Alamelum

Alamelum Silver IL'ite

Hi all, hope you are all doing great...iwas MIA for few days, iam in 29 weeks, in my review on monday, doctor identified that my cervix length is very less 1.3cm only, she suggested to do cervical cerclage immediately, i was admitted in hospital on the same day, and the procedure was done on next day, i was given spinal anasthesia for the procedure. it was hectic day, as i couldnt eat 6hrs before and 3hrs after procedure, i was both physically and emotionally drained.. i had most horrible couple of days. last night discharged from hospital, she was not sure why the cervix lenght is reduced, she asked me to take bed rest for next 14days, am not sure how to cope up being ideal for 2 weeks...my hormones are playing havoc.

anyone faced this scenario? have they completed their full term pregnancy?

Adamsribs likes this.
  8. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Bump size has nothing to do wth healthy or unhealthy levels. as long as your scans are on track, dont worry too much. Iron at 11 is perfectly okay for most Indian women :) Mostly ppl with GD gain lesser weight as their diets are restricted.

9. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hey! Good that your doc caught the cervix length in time else you could have done into labour easily ahead of time. Its strange that this happened so late in the pregnancy though, coz it has happened with a good number of my friends but much earlier in the pregnancy. Anyways, dont worry now that that the procedure has been done, you should be fine with decent amount of rest....anyways only few more weeks. Your doc I guess may now push to take the C Sec route due to this, but try and see if you can convince for normal vaginal delivery. Try to read books/ listen to music or watch some comedies to keep you mind off things. Spinal anasthesia...agh one thing i keep dreading though I must say that i had an amazing doc and support staff first time around who hardly had me even feel a thing. No idea why the drop in the cervix length huh? must be our crazy hormones hehe...

My next appt is on the 6th of Oct...hoping and praying the growth scan and everything is on track. Fingers and toes crossed!

Man, getting so tired so fast these days...I am doing the counting now once in the morning and once in the evening...how you guys are also keeping trackof the same.

Alamelum likes this.
  10. Adamsribs

Adamsribs Bronze IL'ite

Good that your doc caught this at the right time. Take gud rest. Still only 7 or 8 weeks to cross to come to the safe period for delivery. Read books or watch tv/videos. Buy as many magazines as possible and read. or do online shopping for you and the baby ;);););)

Alamelum likes this.