1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Over Reacting

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tallqueen, Sep 24, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

I understand . sometimes we have to think Doctor as God and leave our prejudices. This my maternal aunt used to say . my maternal grandmom said she will not deliver her child in the hospital ,where male doctor performs operation delivery(they were in town so operation was there then in 1965) . so they waited for normal delivery though it was complicated. But now a days women has to understand that irrespective of gender Doctors are in higher standard. I like ur conservative thought.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    tallqueen likes this.
  2. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

Hi @tallqueen

Please don't stress too much about this. Try to forget it. It's in every MIL's DNA to invade into their DIL private lives.

tallqueen likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, Yes, you are over reacting. I am sure you might have felt bad about the event, but it happened, you cannot change that.. Pl move on. There is no point in wasting time on this issue.

Your MIL didn't come there with an intention to check your breasts or to see you naked. It just happened. You don't have anything special that other women don't have. If you are really a private person you should have closed the door well or have a blanket in place to cover your breast. Both of you ended up in an uncomfortable position for no reason of others. May be she was trying to find a reason why baby is crying (she didnt know that you are naked) while feeding your ds or were trying to cover up the fact she came there &see you that way. She only knows whether she felt bad/good for coming there:grinning:.

Try to forget and move on. We cannot change the past. Look forward. Behave as if nothing happened.

sindmani likes this.
  4. tallqueen

tallqueen Senior IL'ite

Yeah but I was in my bedroom and didn't expect her to 'trespass'. Didn't lock the door as my DH kept walking in and out of the room.

5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

That is what I said, your MIL didn't know that, most probably she came there to check why baby is crying. So one expect that scene, when door is already open.

Pl move on. Focus on something else whenever you have a tendency to think about this incident. Consciously take that effort. Tell yourself that you are not going to waste even a second thinking about it.

tallqueen and sindmani like this.
  6. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op, blankets or towels are used to cover while feeding babies. I understand it was ur room and u didn't expect her to come in with out knocking the door. But it is common during first delivery or in future babies too for elder women to help around. Just move on.

tallqueen likes this.
  7. tallqueen

tallqueen Senior IL'ite

DDream & sindmani..

Yes I have to move on.
    Do I have a choice? No. :disappointed::disappointed:

sindmani likes this.
  8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Fully agree. But in this case, the DIL is a stay at home mom with considerable help from domestic maids.
    MIL lives separately and only interferes to have some control in their life.
    She thinks she is being helpful to her son by overseeing his wife like this.

sindmani and Archanaanchan like this.
  9. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

@Brevity - your scenario is different . Your MIL stayed back intentionally to satisfy her curiosity which she shouldn't have . OP's MIL walked in to see why the baby is crying . I don't think it was intentional . She should have knocked but come on now , do we Indians actually understand the concept of knocking on closed doors ! Infact, closed doors mean something fishy for Indians. No concept of privacy exists .

tallqueen, sindmani and Archanaanchan like this.
  10. ashfa93

ashfa93 New IL'ite

its hormones and also you are going through a lot ... ur parents and husband will understand .... dont beat urself up ...

tallqueen likes this.