1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Over Reacting

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tallqueen, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Yes. Holding your gripe for 3 years is too much. Give it up.

sindmani and tallqueen like this.
  2. tallqueen

tallqueen Senior IL'ite

Looks like I need a counselling for this.

3. tallqueen

tallqueen Senior IL'ite

MalStrom,

No the commenting part is secondary, it was not a negative comment anyway. What is bothering me so much is she seeing me braless.

4. tallqueen

tallqueen Senior IL'ite

I would still be feeling mad even if it was not my MIL but maybe lesser, unless medical professionals in the OT. In this case I feel my body only belong to her son and it's a disaster that she had seen it.

5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Are you not getting it here? :blush:
    Talk to more of your women friends. You will find out that they had, most of them, all been "seen" by some in law peeper.
    Join a gym.

6. prestine

prestine Silver IL'ite

Dear op,

One of the common problem is having a inverted nipple. If you go to a lactation consultant, she will check it and may suggest solution. Our elders are our free lactation consultant. Very very common practice for ages.

Forget it!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

It's better to let go of old bitter memories . No one except you will suffer and why lose your peace of mind over something that cannot be changed now .

Regarding her invading into your privacy , I don't think she meant harm in anyway . Sometimes people from that generation especially who lived in India have no concept or sense of privacy . My mil used to redo my dresser , bedroom closet , kids closet and what not and I know her intentions were good but I felt like she was invading my privacy . I later told her that I don't even let my husband touch my dresser and she got a sense of it . Sometimes elders are just set in their ways and if you are not comfortable with something , let them know . She also did not say anything demeaning to you . As a grandmother she was more concerned about her grandson getting enough milk. So was mine when I was struggling with nursing . All grandmothers think alike when it comes to their grandkids getting the best of everything . Please let go of the past and live in the moment .

8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Dear TallQueen....

Instead of debating on whether you are right or wrong, or your mil was right or wrong, take the incident easily....
    Am sure if it was your mother, you wouldn't have felt that way....
    Only because it is your mil, dont have any assumptions that she will be bad or she is there to ruin to your life....
    All the mils arent bad and all the dils arent good either....

Dont think too much about it, concentrate on yourself and your little bundle of joy.....
    Life is too beautiful and precious to waste thinking about such trivial things and ruin your peace of mind.

sindmani likes this.
  9. nishajeni

nishajeni New IL'ite

It is not that she saw you but that she commented has affected you deeply. You are just feeling embarrassed and angry. Nothing can be done to help you with this. I believe you wouldn't feel the same way if your own mother saw or said that. Just learn to take things lightly dear

10. tallqueen

tallqueen Senior IL'ite

Dear All.. thanks a lot for your reply.
    I wanted to add earlier, even if it was my mother I would have still felt the same but maybe not as much as I am feeling for my MIL.