1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts On Social Dancing?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tulip07, Sep 20, 2017.

1. VaishaliYadav

VaishaliYadav Senior IL'ite

Lol:roflmao:. @Naari I would have done the same as you said if i was in her place.

Naari likes this.
  2. tallqueen

tallqueen Senior IL'ite

Voice out to your husband. See what he has to say. If you are still not comfortable then think of some other dance or activities.

3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...you have not written if you like dancing with other partners or are comfortable dancing with other men.

It is not about being Indian because in that case,you would be talking about how you are uncomfortable too.

You don't want to see him with other women,stop giving him a chance by dancing with other partners yourself.

There must be dances where people dance with only one partner.

4. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I don't think culture has to do with anything in this . It's a natural feeling and I doubt any person irrespective of what culture they belong to would like someone getting too close to their spouse . It's not like American wives would enjoy watching their husbands getting too comfortable with someone else .

5. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, I think i am jealous. I just don't want to see him dancing with another woman. That's it!

6. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

Hi, well I am not 'giving him a chance' but social dancing is about dancing with different people here in Europe. Thanks for your reply anyway.

7. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunburst,

I cannot agree with you, because these dances are becoming common in India as well. Not everyone is jealous like I am. Its just my feeling. Its true that you get better with your dancing moves when you dance with other people (its a human tendency to learn from making mistakes and with same partner you won't make all your mistakes).

8. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

Hey Rihana,
    That's very funny and uncomfy.. haha but you managed :laughing:

9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Your DH is fine with you dancing with other men but you are jealous of him dancing with other women ? Give him a break if he really enjoys this and your relationship is good just ignore.

10. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

It maybe becoming common now but that doesn't mean everyone is comfortable with it . The family and the friends I hang out with are not into such social dancing . And I am talking about my social circle both in India and the US. To each its own but I really doubt if majority of us would be comfortable with this .