Glimpse Of Golu 2017 At My Native Place

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by PavithraS, Sep 22, 2017.

1. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends - Happy Navarathri to all ! May the Supreme Mother bless us all with the Wisdom, Wealth and Valor.
    Since this festival is a celebration of Womanhood and their creativity , I wanted to share some clicks of Golu at my native place this year kept by my Chiththi and cousin. Except for the dolls, all the artworks are their handwork :) Hope you all enjoy it and your comments, if any, will be conveyed to them ! Thank you !

This is kept at reception area. The Lakshmi image drawn by my cousin on black board. The two Mukham of Varalakshmi Amman dressed and decorated. Small pots decorated by clay works has been in the family for more than 15 years now. Repainted from time to time to preserve their beauty ! The sliding doors of the table on which these items are placed is also designed and hand painted by my cousin.

In the haystack set is the birth scene of Jesus Christ and beside that is Krishna Leela set.
    Reception.jpg

They have utilized the space under the Golu Steps to keep Park.The park area has lots of dolls that I too helped collect over the years. It has those wooden and Maakkal choppu saaman that are more than 3 decades old, which were a gift to me when I was a child by my beloved Grandma !

Park Area.jpg

Flavored milk empty bottles fully covered by color yarns and decorated with stones are seen along the fencing area of the Park
    Park Place Under Kolu Steps.jpg

SCSusila, joylokhi, Padhmu and 13 others like this.

2. PavithraS

Continuation...

Freehand Rangolis of my Chiththi that will be changed every 3 days during Navarathri, have always been the star attraction of our home Golu. This Rangoli is free hand and also with some stencil usage. She usually has help from my cousin and I too used to take a small part before marriage.

This is a Rangoli depiction of a welcome carpet ! Initial work..
    Initial Rangoli.jpg

Final look of the Rangoli

Rangoli.jpg

3. PavithraS

Continuation...

Navaratna Artwork of Sri Krishna

Navaratna Artwork.jpg

Front view of the Golu
    Front View.jpg

Side views
    Side View.jpg

Side View (2).jpg

SCSusila, kkrish, deepv and 8 others like this.
  4. PavithraS

Golu has always been an interesting part in our lives with all the girls dressed in beautiful pavadais, thaavanis and later sarees and some jewels too- going to each other's house and receiving and inviting for Tambulam and singing bhajans and kritis,enjoying each other's creativity not to mention the hot and spicy sundals :yum:.. the list could go on... I am not keeping Golu at the country where I am now residing. But my heart will always leap with great joy at the thought of it. Seeing some lovely shares of Golu clicks by some of our friends here, sought permission from my Chiththi and cousin to share their Golu with you all. Thank you all for viewing ! Would love to have some feedbacks too :)

5. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Wow!! Beautiful!! I am not good with words.. Really admiring your work!!

6. PavithraS

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry,this Golu is not mine but kept by my Chiththi and cousin. Will convey your words to them :)

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Wow! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. I love all the details and your descriptions. Your family is very artistic!

I used to have sets like these, too. Thanks for the happy memories. [​IMG]

Happy Navarathri to you and your family, @PavithraS! And do convey our thanks to your Chiththi and cousin for sharing. :)

jskls and PavithraS like this.
  8. PavithraS

Thank you for your feedback and wishes Amica, will sure convey this to them. Yes, the choppu saaman has been an integral part of our childhood indeed ! :)

9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@PavithraS Pavi super kolu.very creative and the traditional cheppu is superp.Mixed kolu of Tradition and Modern .convey my wishes to your chithi and cousin.
    Yesuvum Vaasuvum kolu veetiruppathu innum alagu .Thanks for sharing Pavithra

jskls and PavithraS like this.
  10. PavithraS

Thank you for your wonderful feedback,periamma! Will convey your wishes to them. Yesu- Vasu nice rhyming and timing too !