Tips To Increase Milk Supply And Also To Introduce Bottle

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Daffodil13, Sep 6, 2017.

1. suchi1319

suchi1319 Junior IL'ite

Hi Vasumthy,
    Asking you for a favor here.
    Do you know/aware of any thread in in this forum; for First Time Mommies - All Do's and Dont's etc..Something which will give us all the information for the First Time Dummy Mommies (read me). I have seen a thread about A-Z of TTC, which is amazing. Is there any chance that there is a similar thread, which provides all the required info?
    Please let me know. It'll be really helpful. Thanks

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I think it has something to do with gas issue/latching issue. It can happen, Dont worry, keep on doing what you are doing now. I have also faced it. Try varying your nursing position so that you're holding baby in the exact same position for breast A and breast B- sometimes that will trick baby into taking the B side. As long as you feed him in every 2-3 hours your supply will be fine. One breast is generally sufficient to make milk for at least one baby. How is your right breast now. If baby is not drinking it may become stiff that itself will repel baby from that side as it makes latching difficlut. So make sure you pump right side also, else it may create lot of discomfort to you also.

Baby refusing one breast? One sided breastfeeding is actually quite common

In USA we use mylicone gas drops (it helped me a lot , as my dd had severe gas issue, I used it almost every day in the first 3-4 months). I think it is gripe water in India. You may ask doctor about it. It is needed every day if there is some digestion or gas issue. Burping is also very important. These problems make baby very uncomfortable . Increase the frequency of burping. If you have any concerns pl check with doctor.

check this
    Breast preference: Nursing on one breast only | BabyCenter

How to tell whether your baby's getting enough breast milk | BabyCenter

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Daffodil,
    Try paladai when you try juices. That might work rather than bottles.

Try to change the position in which he refuses to take milk. That might help you. If you don't use one side much, bm segregation will decrease as well. Try to feed him in both sides or pump in that side to cover up until the rhythm is back.
    Be strong and positive. Things will become normal soon.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are no threads like a-z in this part of forum. But there are few useful threads which might help you. But you need to do the search. Right now I'm busy with my personal front. Will let you know when I become free. All the best to your journey.