1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eat To Live Or Live To Eat

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Sep 9, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

There are two kinds of people in this world, those who eat to live and those who live to eat.
    Even if we live to eat we must choose foods that can stimulate our mind as well as our soul. The food we eat affects both our body and mind.

Food is taken not to satisfy the taste buds or to extinguish the fire of hunger in our stomachs, but to keep our body and mind in good condition.

There is a quote: "what you eat is what you are".

A healthy body only keeps the mind healthy. Eating is a biological process and Food is a necessity in that as it contains all the biological molecules necessary for human functioning and growth.

Though it is important to enjoy food, still we have to eat something that tastes bad out of necessity.
    When we fall sick we can't take normal food and we have to take food advised by doctor or diatician even though we may not like it.

Healthy food differs according to age and also for children, men and women. Keeping this in mind we have to choose our food to keep ourselves fit.

Those who live to eat perhaps do Not care for their health. Nowadays lot of people have become health conscious.

Eat to live people are the ones who are emotional and they eat food which they relish and enjoy without worrying about the after effects.

Let us eat healthy food according to our age and be healthy.

After attending a reception and seeing some gluttons made me to write this post.

teenulahari, Thyagarajan and sindmani like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS
    I remember what a friend of mine once told me. Eat what you want, he said, and let the food fight it out inside.
    Sri

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mr Cheeniya,
    I am not going to tell you that you have made my day by posting the first fb to my post. Your friend has made the day for the gluttons by saying this.
    PS

Cheeniya likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Id we eat to live we don't need so many (often unhealthy) goodies to tuck in Obviously we live to eat

5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear P'S Madam,
    Yes, eat to live. But it should be tasty also.Taste plays a big role.....as Balajee said otherwise market would not be flooded with so many things which tempt the taste buds.
    Syamala

6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

:blush: after a wine-cheese reception, do people turn cheesy and whine?

Sandycandy, Thyagarajan and Srama like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear PS ma'm,

Whether We Eat to live or live to eat, it seems the message these days seems to be "You are what you eat!" Just yesterday we were having some discussion on GMOs and stuff like that. Despite what we choose or not, unless we grow our own food we seem to be under someone else's mercy as for the quality is concerned.

sindmani likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

PS,
    It is always advisible to eat healthy depending on individual physical constitution. In any reception, we have a choice including the choice not to eat if the food is not of our liking. The host has a difficult choice to fix the menu and goes by the advice of the caterer.

Having said that, quotes apart, there is no living without eating. All people alive, eat. And there is no eating without living, dead do not eat. If I ask a hungry man whether he lives to eats or eat to live, he will probably think I am mad. We talk of healthy food, right food only when our tummy is full.

As an addenda, my doctor says, flirting wth food of my liking once in a while at my age is good. He will always be handy to set right if anything goes wrong.

9. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

What makes you feel they are gluttons?

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Balaji,
    Those junk food items flooding the market is aimed at gluttons, not for those who eat to live.
    PS