Index - The Significant Unique Features Of Indian Culture

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Thanks a lot....

Veda

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  3. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,
    It has been a while since I looked into this site and I hope you are doing well.

I want to ask you a question that has been bothering me for a long time, I hope I don't offend you or anyone else in the process.

Like most Hindus, I also have the habit of chanting slokas regularly and thanks to the web, I have been finding out their meanings from English/Tamil translations. All slokas so far that I have looked into, praise the God/Goddess to no end, and especially in the case of Goddesses, it is predominantly about the physical appearance. (even here??!!)

If I just read the text, not considering it a sloka, it seems like glib flattery, the kind we'll laugh off if we hear in our daily life. These read more like harmless poetry of those days and not prayers. Some of them are dialogues between individuals and seems like a play.

Am I losing heavily in translation? It is affecting my concentration while praying. I would be happy to hear from you.
    Thanks
    Bee

4. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitraji

I am so much impressed by this site that I located while browsing and am not able to take my head off. You have abundant knowledge to impart.
    Goddess Saraswati has bestowed in you her full blessings.

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

5. Chitvish

Thanks, Vijaya.
    Please go through all sub-forumsin IL - there is so much offered here!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi Chitra Mam! (May be sakalakalavalli of IL forum)?

Ethai eduppathu Ethai viduppathu maadhiri Which one to read first? When to read all your threads. As I told u earlier, life time will not be enough to read all the posts here[​IMG]

One doubt to clarfiy from u Mam. My daughter 17 yrs old is pestering me to buy a single rudhraksha for her to wear as pendant in her chain. My husband totally opposes her request since she passes through those periods and even otherwise being a woman, she is prohibited from wearing rudraksha. But her best friend is using it and she wants to have it (she has been at it for more than 3 yrs now). When she saw a few of your posts, she said u find out from Chitra Mami immediately no?

Whether I can permit her. She is an ardent devotee of Shiva. If yes, entha maathiri rudrakham vaanganam. In giri trading there is what is called panchmuki, ashtamukhi etc. of which i know nothing - like which is best.

Now I am happy at IL I have a senior to whom I can always look up - even at times, when i am not able to reach my Mom!.

Pranams to u mam. Have become ur fan!

Vaazhtha vayathillai vanangugiren!!!!!!!

7. radhavj

radhavj Senior IL'ite

Hello chitvish ji,
    I'm Radha from b'lore..since i cannot Pm you..i would like ur personal email id.. because i have some personal questions to ask you
    thanking you
    radhavj
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello Chitra Mami,

I have become an ardent fan of yours. I pray to the almighty to always shower his kind blessing on you. From recipes to mantras.......everything that my heart and mind asks i have got an answer for it and the person who is telling me the answer is only YOU. I first came upon this site when i wanted some specific mantras. That time i came upon your name. Now since my kids are giving me enough free time i logged in as a member of IL and the only article i read is all what this calm, lovely lady has posted.

I hope to meet you if we come to chennai for vacation. Hope you take me as a friend or more to say as a disciple. Thanking you for making me a more better human being.

I am fully into cooking and shlokas only and you helped me take a deep plunge into it.

May the almighty always bless you.

Parvathi.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  9. rawatjaya

rawatjaya New IL'ite

Dear mam , I am highly influenced by you , personaly I lack a guiding figure in my life but your thread has compensated this feeling , I have yet to go through all the articles but what ever I ve read is impressionable on my shallow mind .I am deeply thankful to you and feel speechless to even praise you. regards jaya

10. Chitvish

Dear Parvati & Jaya,
    Posts like yours' make me feel highlty rewarded & worth all the time I have put in IL!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.