1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Advice For Senior Citizens

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 20, 2017.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Nice to read your post after a long time....

Where are the jokes ? This is ur identify sirji, so please include it.

Coming to the thread, yes in a way girls parents are blessed no need to see son-in law and in laws drama.
    Especially when it comes to living under the same roof and managing households. I keep telling my parents u r lucky for not having sons, else poor DIL she would have run away coz u can only be good parents, not in laws.:facepalm:
    Many of the old habits and procedures still live young with them and refuse to go. In such a situation a new lady cannot be accommodating. Me and my sis have a hearty laugh over it, many a times :smash2:

Sandycandy and sindmani like this.
  2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal,

I don't keep up with company news, but I could follow the drift of your argument. I have seen such things happening in the academic world as well. Academic people too love to control the institutions they belong to and I have have witnessed endless vulgarity. I had personally wielded power during my tenure as the Head of ISI, Delhi. I did not complete my tenure and came back to Kolkata via Japan as soon as my son left for the US. And he settled there as far as I can make out. So, my family life resembles yours and I have little to complain about. My contemporaries though are hanging on to institutions of learning using whatever connections they have. They appear to me to be immensely unhappy people. Fortunately, their unhappiness has not visited my way. Retirement brought me endless satisfaction. However, there can be problems with this lifestyle as well. Recently, I was told that I shall be awarded a best teacher prize by an academic society. Why at this stage of my life, I cannot guess. I have hardly taught during the last 10 years or so. And now I need to prepare a speech. I have no idea what I shall say. It's a difficult situation. There are two choices. Write the speech and start looking like Ratan Tata. Refuse the award which I do not have the will power to do. That makes me a Ratan Tata too, doesn't it?

oj

3. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Yeah.. seems a way ahead of the time . Loved the advises Pankaj kapoor gets from his friends :)
    And the acting :)

Sandycandy and satchitananda like this.
  4. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Prepare the speech please . And congratulations :)

ojaantrik likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

6. ojaantrik

ashima10 and satchitananda like this.
  7. ojaantrik

Dear ashima10,

I am almost sure that I shall follow your advice. And keep feeling like Ratan Tata as I do so. Kamal is a naughty chap.

oj

ashima10 and satchitananda like this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Oj sir,
    See, Kamalji made you feel like Tata!!!!!
    Syamala

ashima10 and ojaantrik like this.
  9. ojaantrik

Dear shyamala1234,

How correct! Kamal's turning naughty.

oj

10. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji,

Glad to see your post after a long time. I haven't been around too much either :) .
    Wish my in laws could read this post and I can scream out LOUD - take a back seat :lol: . All is well with me no problem still :p.

shreepriya likes this.