Tired In Morning

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by WorkingWoman, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

If you have skipped dinner or supper, it is definite that you will feel tired as you wake up b'cos of hunger-low sugar levels. so, try to have full break fast & make sure to have some hot drinks with two plain biscuits before starting to prepare the breakfast ( as soon as you wake up & brush your teeth)
    when you fuel your body, it will increase its speed surely........ o.k. ...try this.

2. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

it will be good.. if U eat some thing before starting cooking / household chores.. like Milk + 2 - 3 busicuits.. So that ur energy level wont be low..

Try to make ur kid's lunch + ur brkfast same.. if feasible.. so U have to make 2 different meals instead of 3.. or try Bread + egg/ omlette , Sandwich for few days..

Also Check with doctor as others suggested for to rule out any deficiency..

Take it easy for few days..

Have maid/ house help if possible..

3. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

If all these suggesions dont work go for full body check up after consulting a doctor. I would suggest some vitamins check also.

4. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot ladies for your suggestions. Some suggestions look useful to me.

I had gone for complete health check, everything was ok. Doctor did suggest me to go for vitamin D and B12 tests which I ignored....time to take it seriously. My weight is normal.

I wake up at 6:15. Drink 2 glasses of water (warm/cold). Cook breakfast and get kiddo ready. Take breakfast at 8:30. Breakfast is always indian breakfast like idly, upma, poha, daliya, vada etc with tea. Then I prepare lunch and go to work.
    Lunch at 1 and dinner by 9. Tea at 5pm. Include salad, flax seed kind of things but skip many times. Lunch and dinner are typically 2 chapaties with daal and curry (Salad/curd optional) rice (rarely). I do eat fruits and dry fruits for snacks on many days (not daily though).

I feel so tired in evening after office hours that I do not go for walk or any activity. I just cook dinner and sit for DD's HW. I do not want to skip any cooking task as I like 3 fresh meals. I do not have any major work at home other than cooking. Maid is there for utensils, cleaning, dusting.

I have sufficient sleeping hours however Smartphone is stealing those :(
    I can sleep from 10:30 to 6. I will try to stick to this.

Keep giving more ideas ladies.

5. SassySalsa

SassySalsa Bronze IL'ite

I have just one thing to say, you cannot pour from an empty cup. So, take care of yourself first. Like everyone suggested, get your vitamin deficiencies in control and exercise. Many tend to think that exercise makes you tired but its actually the other way around. It makes you stronger, increases your stamina and releases the feel good hormone. Make sure you eat something before you get caught up in chores. I eat nuts and fruits in the morning immediately after waking up and this keeps me fueled till breakfast. And last but not the least, get enough sleep.

6. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Since you are in India and already have maid thats great. Getting out of house for gym always help, if not in weight, for some time you are away for worldly problems and if you have company, nothing compare to that. I would say start gym or walk. Fix 1-2 days in the beginning and you do not need to go more than 3 days/ week.
    I need to start myself and I feel so loaded all the time with house cleaning, house chores, work and kid and feel so tired at night still sleep late ( i am light sleeper and small light or disturbances ) and wake up late. With gym, I will have some schedule.

7. vedhikasankar

vedhikasankar Senior IL'ite

Wake up with a positive mind and prepare fresh food.Regular exercise will clear your mind

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP

I am not sure what/how a typical Indian meal should be. But looking at your menus, it seems you are not eating a healthy-complete-nutritional food. Not sure whether the quantities are enough either.
    Beyond that, there is something called varieties and taste buds.
    We will get bored if we are to eat the same stuff daily, and repeatedly for lunch and dinner.
    When we get bored with the food, we would hate it for sure. This hatred would eventually result in "eating less = malnourished = lack of energy.
    I see this, looking at your menu above.
    My MIL cooks almost similar recipe daily, and all her family members are bored, lacked in energy, not entertained, sleep very early, etc..etc..
    As suggested by the DRs, it is important you take the prescribed tests soon.

I too cook almost 3 fresh meals daily.
    But I plan different menus, and make it healthy.
    My sample meal plan would be similar to this:-

Break fast:
    Puttu + curry (veg or non-veg)/ string hoppers + curry/ Macaroni/Pasta/ Noodles/ Idly or Dosa/ Upma/Bread etc

Lunch:
    Rice + 2 veg (1 dry, 1yellow gravy curry)+1 non veg (Chicken/fish/egg/sea food)

Dinner:
    Chapati + Curry (same as lunch)/ Bread/ Noodles/Pasta/Pizza/Pittu etc

Fruits, curd, tea/coffee, Milk/nuts etc would be taken in between.

This way, you feel nourished, energetic, and fulfilled and happy throughout the day.
    If you can't manage everything, hire some helps from outside.
    I urge you to cook different menus, not necessarily the same stuff as mine, but different recipes of your own choice.

Needtobestrong and shreepriya like this.
  9. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Keep phone switched off in different room before sleeping. Try to take minimum 8 hours of sleep. If you work on computer whole day may be more sleep is required. include exercise in your routine. Donot drink milk in morning. I developed allergy from milk and I didn't even know about it. So watch you are eating which makes you feel tired. Two cups of green tea without sugar, milk really helps staying energetic whole day.