Praying God...am I Making Any Mistake.

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Sweety82, Jul 31, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

sindmani likes this.
  3. Cool44

Cool44 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    We are all born here in this world because we have a Karma,
    Karma is of 2 types, Good Karma and Bad Karma, We normal people cannot completely get rid of this Karma,
    there will be atleast a residual Karma attached to our Athma. Even in times of Pralayam (time during which a non-activity situation persists) our karma will be binded to our Athma. So Karma will decide our life.

But Praying to god and becoming so devoted to god will help you to get rid of your Bad Karma, Most cases it will actually lower the bad effects which one should face because of the bad karma.

And Also by doing some rituals you could reduce the effects of your bad karma.

And for Certain Problems you are facing there may be one deity, If you Worship that particular deity, your problem would be taken care of for sure. Ex. Once the Great Sage Adi Shankara Suffered from some skin disease and he Went to Thiruchendur Murugan temple and composed hymns in praise of Lord Murugan and sang the Subramanya Bhujangam and that is how he got rid of his skin disease. So reciting Subramanya Bhujangam daily might help you get rid of your health related problems and visiting Thiruchendur Murugan temple might be extra good.

When you face a distress and praying to god, you can actually tell him your problems and even cry and seek his help. you can do it even if you are in temple. God will certainly send you help in some form.
    And Pray regularly, become more and more devoted to god. Bakthi (devotion) is also a form of yoga.

And do not be angry on the people who are troubling you, Everyone here is Children of God, we face trouble only because our Karma we acquired during our past lives and also this life.

Good Karma and bad karma would be decided when a thinking originates in our mind.
    If you do something selfishly it will result in bad karma.
    if you do something Selflessly it will result in good karma.

God does not hurt his children, the problems we face are all the result of our karma,
    Be Devoted selfless and pray to God and you will have the Inner Peace.

Regards

Sweety82 likes this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Praying to God is a part in our life. Devotion is good but we should not forget that SERVING PEOPLE IS SERVING GOD. SORRY TO DIFFER BUT DEVOTION IS OF DIFFERENT FORMS. SPIRITUALITY IS NOTHING BUT UPLIFTING OURSELVES AS A HUMAN BEING. AS I SEE IT AS THIS. SURRENDERING TO GOD IS A PART OF SPIRITUALITY ,UNDERSTANDING GODHOOD AND FOLLOWING THE TEACHINGS OF MANY GREAT SAINTS THROUGH OUT THE WORLD TO LOVE AND HELP FELLOW HUMANS IS SPIRITUALITY. WE HAVE LOTS OF GOOD THINGS , TO PICK IN THE WORLD.

Sweety82 likes this.
  5. Cool44

Cool44 Senior IL'ite

Yes, you are right, serving people is one way to serve God, if you get an opportunity to serve you can do it that's is what I too said when said about having a selfless mind. When you are selfless in doing something you are serving others too.

Sweety82 and sindmani like this.
  6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your wonderful words. As far as I know I have not been selfish and I don't know how to act fake to achieve something. So sometimes I used to think why god is testing me when I don't harm people. I help others whenever I can. Whenever I cannot help, at the least I don't harm others. Everyday I used to think only this "I want to live a straightforward life and god please give me fulfillness and pleasure of whatever I have. But you know sometimes god tests me still. The one thing I have been following is, as @sindmani 's info whenever I get up between 3am to 6am(Brahma muhurtham) I pray god mentioning my problems. :)

sindmani and Cool44 like this.
  7. Cool44

Cool44 Senior IL'ite

Worshiping god during brahma muhurtham certainly increases the benefits, thats a good thing.
    And Mr.Kannadasan aka "Kaviarasu" Kannadasan ( Famous Tamil Poet, lyricist ), He was an atheist initially but later he turned up as Hindu Devotee and had Wrote Arthamulla Indhumatham (Meaningful Hindu Religion). In that, he has said that If you feel like god is testing you, then You really are very close to God and you will have to go through that Phase only then God will give all the right things you desire. The tests may seem so tough but you have to endure it and accept those, And those tests(experiences) will be of great use to you in the later part of your life.

sindmani likes this.
  8. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry. Ur problems will be solved. Bhakthi and positive thinking does miracles.:angel:. Let angel of peace and prosperity be with u.

9. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

Whatever i am saying, please don't take it as a opposition to your believes. I am sharing just my thoughts and experiences.
    Positive energy is the factor that help you to do anything. And this positive energy is the God. Staying always positive will help you being happy always. While you pray, you are just praying to your unconscious mind which will give you mental strength. Instead of praying longer, find a solution to solve the problems.

Present religions are manipulations by the humans for their benefits. While believing everything blindly, think about it twice or thrice. Being a good human is the ultimate aim of all the religions. So if we can be a good human, no need to follow the blunders proclaimed by the present religious leaders.

Sweety82 likes this.
  10. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

That's true. Nothing to take it otherwise . Thanks for ur valuable suggestion.