Egg Quality Issues

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Elsa, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

hi ladies, I am going to start medication for another round of IVF in a few days. My first IVF retrieval resulted in one PGS normal embryo. I have not transferred it yet as I wanted to bank more embryos just in case, the one golden embryo that is in the freezer doesn't stick. My doctor told me that the reason why I have just one embryo from my first cycle, could be due to low egg quality, which he suspects to be genetic. But he says, I am too young to have quality issues due to any other reason as I am just 34 and all my numbers are perfect and my cycles are regular

I would like to know if any one had a similar issue and had success with consequent IVF cycles.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you haven't already, I would get a copy of 'It starts with the egg'. It could be that your egg quality is low or it could be that your specific protocol gave you those results. My RE strongly recommends 600mg of Coq10/ ubiquinol per day for 3 months prior to cycling. CCRM also has a good list of supplements to take. DHEA is the only one I would not take without a doctor's advice.

3. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

@MalStrom thank you! i have asked my doctor if I could take any supplements to improve egg quality, but he did not recommend anything else apart from prenatal vitamins. He has advised me to consume healthy food, get enough exercise and sleep and lead a stress free life.

4. wish4miracle

wish4miracle Silver IL'ite

@Elsa i think i have this similar kind of issue. But i am yet to see positive results.

During egg collection, my doc said my eggs are normal not too excellent and not too low, making my case falling into "normal" category.
    i think i read a post in internet describing 22 eggs were collected but nothing was progressed to embryo. I think egg quality definitely plays a role.

however, my doc said she had seen cases of positive pregnancy with normal to low grade embryo (sometimes with slow growing embryos like morula in day 4 or 5).

i have read that it will take 4 to 5 months for the supplements to react(improve egg quality) in our system. i am planning to do this before my next retrieval. will let u know if any changes make me see positive results.