1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

When You Are With Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Mar 7, 2017.

1. connecttousha

connecttousha New IL'ite

Amazing story, keeps you engaged...eagerly waiting for the next chapters. Very beautifully written...awesome read!!

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Yes yes ;-)

3. blackbeauty84

Good one

4. blackbeauty84

Many thanks for the feedback Usha :)

5. blackbeauty84

Chapter-21

Jai ended the day and called Srikanth who texted back he would be late. Instead of going home, he went to the bakery Priya has just opened ten days before. When he dialed her number she replied that she is with a client and asked him to wait.

Jai sent his chauffeur home with Priya’s car and waited near his car.

‘Good Evening Sir. Pleasure meeting you here.’ Young man said to Jai. He appeared to have come to bakery along with two more friends of him.

‘Good Evening. Sorry, I couldn’t recollect who you are.’

‘We have joined Evolution last week as Management Trainee’s.’ He pointed to group sitting inside the bakery.’ Would you join us please?’ he requested.

‘I’m waiting for someone. ‘ Jai replied.

‘You can leave the moment your guest arrives. This would be our chance to pick your brain.’ He pleaded. Jai went inside to sit with the group. Jai was happy that none of the bakery staff recognized him. He was briefly present during bakery inauguration and as that day was crowded they wouldn’t have taken note of him.

The group consisted of three youngsters. They are in Chennai for induction and since the bakery was close to their place of stay, they visit it frequently since inauguration.

‘What would you like to have sir? We recommend the Mini-Pizzas and..’ the girl in the group asked enthusiastically. Jai stuck to Coffee but encouraged the group to order whatever they preferred.

‘We quite like this place. It looks like the owner is training under-privileged women and giving them job here. Quality of food, ambience and service is good. One thing we don’t like is they close early.’

Jai inquired about their backgrounds and was pleased to find they were from prestigious B- schools across the country. They were posting questions about his career and various opportunities in company.

When they were being served the order one remarked ‘we have read a lot about you sir but didn’t expect you to be so down to earth.’

Jai smiled and said ‘I wish I have more time to interact with young minds like yours.’

The young girl asked ‘Don’t your family complain about your hectic work timings sir?’

‘My wife is ex-employee of Evolution. My son is in IIM-A and another son is aspiring to get in next year. So they understand and got used to it.’

‘Where is your son doing his summer project?’ asked the guy who called Jai inside the bakery.

When Jai told about the company he was surprised. ‘My brother is in same batch as your son and as far as I know Evolution is the only company which offered summer placement in Chennai. My brother didn’t get through.’

‘I’m not sure of the details. Never got to discuss with him.’ Jai waived off the question.

Priya came out of the discussion room and after seeing off the client, she joined Jai at his table

‘Priya they have just begun their career in Evolution. Pleasant company they are.’ Jai told Priya. ‘Folks, meet my wife Priya. She is the proud owner of this place.’ Jai introduced her to the group.

After few minutes of discussion the group dispersed. After settling the bill, Priya started with Jai.

Once they were in car , Priya said ‘My staffs were apologizing that they didn’t recognize you. They were debating whether your orders should be billed or it goes into expenses.’

‘You are right in billing it. It would set a right example.Looks like you are settled at work.”

‘No I’m not. I’m not new to baking but new to running business. I’m encountering several problems. But it’s very exciting.’ Though Priya appeared tired her voice was enthusiastic.

‘That’s good to hear. How are the initial reviews from customers?’

‘So far very good. One of the customers had made a lengthy comment about our cake selection app and how impressed he is with that.’

Priya created all the software applications necessary for the store right from her billing software, sales reports till the cake selection app.

‘I’m super proud of you Priya. You keep raising the bars always.’ Priya smiled and leaned on his shoulders. Jai gently said ‘Not when I’m driving.’

As soon as they reached home Vivaan came running to Jai who said. ‘Missed you champ. I thought you are coming back only tomorrow.’

‘Grandpa came a day early.’ Vivaan said. He didn’t let go Jai’s hands.

‘Oh yes. He called me as well. ‘ Priya kissed Vivaan and asked about his holiday.

‘Tell me Srikanth. What is the urgent news?’ Rajib asked. Rajib is working with Sales team and was assigned as supervisor for Srikanth’s project. He liked the young person before him who was very analytical, hard working and dedicated.

‘As instructed by you, I went through all the mails/communications between us and client during Project negotiation. I was trying to find a pattern of delivery failure.’

‘What do you mean by trying? Have you found a pattern or not?’ Rajib interrupted

‘I found something more than that.’ Srikanth told boldly.

‘I promised to take my wife for dinner and I can’t be late. Tell me what you have found out in two minutes. If it’s not urgent we will discuss tomorrow.’ Rajib told patiently.

‘A penalty clause has been introduced in Project agreement which were never discussed in mails. ‘

‘We change the agreement terms even in last minute so I’m not surprised.’ Rajib was about to end the meeting

‘What’s more surprising is the head who brought in this deal left the company a week after this deal is signed.’ Srikanth pointed.

‘It must be a coincidence.’

‘Penalty clause is found only in the scanned copy which is in project repository. Agreement uploaded in Project rooms doesn’t contain the clause.’

‘It’s no more a coincidence.’ Rajib declared.

‘There is still more…’Srikanth started.

‘Wait. I’ll have to cancel my dinner plans.’ Rajib stopped him.

Rajib knew if what Srikanth portraying is true, they will have one hell of repercussions.

6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

oh BB I cannot guess your brians dear !
    What is this Srikanth guy doing ..I dont understand .. but going good !
    --PS

7. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

So Srikanth is working with Evolution itself?

8. connecttousha

connecttousha New IL'ite

Nice turn of events..love the precision of your writing...waiting for more

9. blackbeauty84

Thank you Peddadas..Things will be clear in next chapter.

10. blackbeauty84

That's an interesting guess ;-)