Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@kaniths,

A commitment, yes, but full-time no. Day-trading is a very different skill-set when compared to investing in stocks on a long-term basis, one watching the price pressure bid/ask/volume while the other is watching the fundamental financial performance and ratios. I feel it would be wise to start for an hour or two everyday if I ever do day-trading. The only reason I included Forex is because of 24/7 market and limited pairs to monitor reducing the time needed to deal with too many of them. Other interesting aspect is Forex provides leverage over the actual value of money one has. I had no knowledge about commodities until I started following them recently after someone casually mentioned about how volatile the price of commodities are and ideally suited for frequent trading.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    kaniths and justanothergirl like this.
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda
    I get you. Confession time. I got arrear in calculus maths back when I was doing engineering. :facepalm: It took my sis a whole semester to 'home school' me and I managed to 'just pass' with an E grade. :blush: My first employer graciously ignored it all and still offered me the job. Since then, never have I ever in my life thought about calculus. At all. Just No-No. Not the smartest? So what! :D We are still the best in lot other stuffs! :cool:

satchitananda likes this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Now this is out of my depth. :blush: I ll keep in mind your points, will refer when I step up my game little more. Thank you for the inputs. My best wishes for your success in trading! :thumbsup:

@justanothergirl Nahhh I'm just a rookie. I agree with you, Viswa can start a discussion. It will be valuable for anyone in IL pursuing similar interests in stock and commodity trading. I got to warn ya, it ll get dry as it gets deeper. Interest is important to keep the enthusiasm alive. ;)

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

My "like" notification has been turned off for ages which means I don't receive alert or pop-up for likes. Admin can confirm that about my account setup. I have no clue where those 900+ likes are sprinkled. I rarely (never) use that pesky "like" button. That should tell you how wonky I am.

I am too callow to advise anyone. Generally, I resist advising and I am sure you will figure out just like everyone. You have more experience and exposure than I do, you will get there.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    satchitananda likes this.
  5. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

:) :) cherry tomatoes.. too cute!!

Gauri03 likes this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Q...

Does anyone here use Safari browser on mobile and know how to switch to desktop view mode of IL? o_O

I have tried the inbuilt menu options, also everything Google search suggested, couldn't work it out. :confused:

Help please. :oops:

jskls likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

I use safari on mobile. Even If I select Request desktop site it gives me only mobile version. Mobile version works for me

kaniths likes this.
  8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Me thinks IL site doesn't include the code to render desktop mode for Safari browser on mobile. Firefox on Android loads flawlessly, sigh. It's just easy to read and browse IL in that mode, less scrolling and more details are available too like time, profile info near the user names, signatures, extra columns in the forum pages, last posted by etc etc and I prefer to have the sidebar on the damn side! :neutral: #whatever

jskls likes this.
  9. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

10. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    Sorry to discourage u. I am also a person of knowledge mania & study mania. I passed my Hindi - Visharad after getting job. B.G.L after few subjects before marriage , one long after marriage .Of course my banking exam CAIIB after job & after marriage. I did my PGDCA ( Post graduate diploma in computer applications) at the age of 50 or so.But i came on VRS in @ 52 age. Before that i asked my son i will do MCA. I was working in an important Division in a senior post. Only the start time is 10 am. The return is anywhere between 9 to 11 pm.But these are not important. My son asked " have u read Baja Govinadam" . I said yes. Then try to follow it ,otherwise the choice is yours. The Baja Govinadam song written by Aadi Sankarar & sung by many esp. M.S. Subbalakshmi. The main theme " oh , at this age u are reading Grammar. What afool u are ! It is high time you have to dive deep into the divine bliss of God & get immersed in it. As already i am person of interest in Religion,Yoga & meditation & had enjoyed the bliss , i accepted my sons words. But still the lurking desire will be there. Last week i had cut & kept the paper showing Annamalai University Distance Education courses.

" The woods are lovely dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"