Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

And numbers too I think?

Randomly on Emojis, here is a futuristic vision and purpose for them.

"480 times more permutations" as PIN codes than what usual (letter and) number combos can offer us, making it super hack proof. Nice, I like that! :cool:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Amica, justanothergirl and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda,

[​IMG]

View this image everyday. :)

Viswa

kaniths and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL Viswa. I did not mean quite that! I just meant learning to keep track of transactions!!! Have left that job to the BH all these years and now both he and I go crazy at the end of the year. Am slowly learning to keep records. Hope it works out this year! That's what I meant by baby steps!

kaniths likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Lol @satchitananda! :lol:

True that, couldn't agree more. I took those 'baby steps' recently, moving out from comfort zone investments to risky stock trading. It's my latest interest, to just watch numbers go up and down for long hours. :blush: Everytime there is a dip, if the marks are shown in red, I spell this green mantra "Profit", letter by letter in my head, to keep my heart safe from having a panic attack and be patient about the losses. Rewards in the long run, I'm taught to believe. Being cautious ain't fun, but the enthusiasm of handling (risky) (bulky) finances by myself makes the process exciting, the minor setbacks worth the try.

To P.R.O.F.I.T! :beer-toast1:

5. satchitananda

Wow Kaniths! That is way ahead of where I am. I am talking about bank transactions. Where was this amount transferred? Where did this amount come from? :p That kind of thing.

jskls and kaniths like this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I know. I know. But I tell ya, your baby steps, super amazing! :thumbsup: 'Way ahead' you say? Hear this too, I joined a maths training programme on the sidelines, to help manage the numbers better and guess what? It starts at a very elementary level. Chapter 1: Conversation of fraction to decimals! :facepalm: There are weekly tests too, let's see how I do. I ll post in positives if I pass! :lol::blush:

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@kaniths,

I am so very excited to hear about some interesting stuff you do to keep calm when the stock prices move up and down. Good luck. I wish I had the same level of wisdom you have now in 1998-2000. I have made too many mistakes not knowing how to invest in the stock market. Then I lost my self-confidence in investing despite being a finance professional. I gave everything to be handled by other professionals. Of late, I am beginning to build confidence again tracking down the DJIA, some interesting stocks in the mid-market cap, penny stocks, commodities, forex, etc. Right now, I am placing fake orders (entering in the spread sheet as though I have placed an order and watch how much it appreciated over a period of time) in my portfolio and see the outcome in a day-trading mode and it is very exciting to watch the results.

Once I gain self-confidence I am planning to do day-trading myself. The next step is to teach that to my son who is interested in developing a program that would auto place orders based on ratios that are favorable and sell after certain appreciation in value. I wish I knew how to develop a program that places orders automatically tracking the performances of stocks and sells with certain margins. I am too old to learn that now.

Viswa

8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra

No special wisdom Viswa, I too seek professional help for market analysis and stock purchase suggestions. :blush:
    Err... :eek: I'm not there yet. Baby steps only. :blush:

Right now I use the recommendations, pick my choices of shares, purchase, wait and watch over their appreciation (/depreciation) values. So far, I have managed to sell and make profits with some. :blush:
    I hear they require full time commitment and lot of time as an investment factor too. In a way, a legalized gambling isn't? Its in my long term goal, hope I get there someday. :blush:
    This is such a genius thing to do Viswa! Thank you for the tip, I ll try this too! :thumbsup:
    Awesome! An automated algorithm would benefit future generations, a must service to develop and offer I would say! No age is too old to try! :wink:
    Thank you. :blush:

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Talking of that Kaniths, I registered on Khan's Academy to learn calculus and coordinate geometry. You know why? Because I still have nightmares that my exam is next week and I have not even bought the books leave alone open it, study, understand or know anything!!! The only way to avoid those nightmares - I thought - was to learn the subject at least now. But they never got around to teaching any of that stuff. So I gave up. Till I get another 'jhatka' and start trying to learn again! Those two subjects seriously scarred me for life!

10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@kaniths and @Viswamitra ....couldn't resist eavesdropping on ur conv about stocks. A thread (more like a tutorial or guide to dummies for folks like me:D ) would be immensely valuable. You dont have to make suggestions but a primer on how to even go about it or where to even start would help.
    Clueless and zero interest. enna oru othumai:BangHead: . !