Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mkgera

mkgera New IL'ite

Hi Vivek, when is ur family planning to migrate.
    We will b landing on 2nd September 2017. Heard that all the suburbs r safe enough.

Take care

2. Shuks

Shuks New IL'ite

Hello Mkgera - We are planning to be there in December. When the school session ends. Kindly do let me know how your search goes? Do you kids? I learned Collinswood /Nailsworth /Prospect areas have good public schools with Indian population. Have no idea whether the information is correct or not. That's why looking for guidance.

Also, I think in one of the messeges it was mentioned that there are some companies that give after arrival assistance like Bank account/driving licensce etc..was trying to find some good one..If any one can give dtails that would be also very helpful.

Regards
    Vivek

3. mkgera

mkgera New IL'ite

Hi,
    Doing know about the good schools yet, but v r surely going to research on that as I have a 3 years old kid. So, we have to look for place nearby to the school where we will be putting up our child as the play schools/day cares and other schools prefer giving admissions to those 1st which come to their nearest radius. Will surely be updating about the facilities provided by the government of South Australia to help ur family in setting up the initial formalities required after landing.
    Can I please know your and your wife's full name.

Take care

4. Shuks

Shuks New IL'ite

Hello mkgera- She is Leena Shukla. We are in Vietnam right now.

I did a bit of research on the schools from this site
    Top Public Primary Schools in Adelaide - 2016

and mapped it with Indian Population information on this site
    Where Australia's immigrants were born: Adelaide | SBS World News

to see which schools are good where we can find Indian community as well. Again not sure the quality of the information on these site. But its a start. Would be looking forward to your feedback.

regards
    Vivek

5. kdurga75

kdurga75 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this group and I really found this posts very informative. It’s a very good initiative for expats. A brief Intro about me and my family. I am Kanaka from UAE (originally from Hyderabad, Studied in St. Ann’s College and hometown in India is Chennai). I am working as Adjunct Faculty in a UAE based college in Business and Accounting. I am a PHD holder and currently pursuing Post Graduate certificate in higher education along with my part time teaching. I have a daughter in Grade 10; who will be going to Grade 11 in Apr 2018. My Husband (Primary Applicant) is basically a ICT project Manager in a bank in UAE. He is the primary applicant and has received invite to apply for State nominated Visa (489) for South Australia. Like all expats, having a few queries listed below.

1. How is the IT Job market in Adelaide, for IT manager and project managers and Business Analysts?

2. How is the teaching jobs for grade 11 and undergraduate courses in accounting and business ?

3. For my daughter, who would be going to grade 11 in Apr 2018, is there any CBSE schools or alternates ?

Request your guidance on the above. Hoping to process the VISA soon.

Regards,

Kanaka.

6. kdurga75

kdurga75 New IL'ite

Dear All,

Request any possible inputs on the above. It will be a of a great help.

Thanks.