1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problem With Younger Cosister

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Trustcarelove, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Trustcarelove

Trustcarelove Silver IL'ite

That's true. I get it..still nothing to me from their end, no phone calls or msgs..my husband has spoken to his brother twice may be thrice after this but didn;t share much details to me..I honestly didnt ask him too..

2. Trustcarelove

Trustcarelove Silver IL'ite

I understand chocolate. I will blame only the way he was brought up..even if it is big sensitive issues, my MIL will not care how much it hurts others, when BIl says yes to something it has to happen and when he says no, it should not happen. They can abide by that but it has been more than 11 years we got married, and i am tired of his drama and cant fall for his sick behavior.

3. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Let your MIL and your DH put up with your BIL. you need not. Imagine a case where your DH had to put up with your brother or sister. Do you think your DH /MIL support this. no right.. So same goes to you also.

There is always a spoiled child in every family, they expect other sibling's spouse also to bear this spoiled brat.
    You put your foot down. the early the batter.

4. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Your BIL is a bully who knew whose buttons to push to get his way. Somebody shud put a stop to this. Being a fav child is lot different from bullying everybody constantly. Do you want your kids to go along too. Why don't you put a stop to it. Make the first move. Rest will come easy.

His brought up is a major factor but your BIL has found a way to make everybody listen to him consistently. Doing it for a long time, now he feels he is the godfather and everybody shud kiss his ring for everything.

My SIL is a fav kid in family. Sun rises and sets on her. When I went to India for my FIL ceremony and when MIL was sick, she abused us.( How dare we get permanent residence without her permission. How dare we continue to live here after getting it and not come back to India like she says). My hubby was quiet and my MIL was just discharged so I didn't want to make a scene.( Given a choice I wud have give her back in different circumstances) .But when she came here for her son's graduation, she wanted to visit us( of course on our expenses). I told my husband if she comes , me and our kid will leave the house. Hubby didn't say anything but didn't book her tickets.She herself is loaded with inheritance( my husband's which she has taken without his knowledge) but wanted to come on hubby expenses. She conveniently didn't get anything for our son but remembered to mail some papers to be signed by husband.

Until that trip I used to brush off or ensure she had minimum influence on our family. But after that incident in FIL's ceremony , I swore I will not let her come here to my house . Point is her visit wud have been to assert her power over us here too. I nipped it in the bud.

You have to nip your BIL's nonsense now rather than later becoz it will escalate to your kids too. BIL cant do anything wrong with each passing day and next thing you know he will decide your family affairs. Think and do the needful. Good Luck.