Dec 2017 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by 28neha, May 16, 2017.

1. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

congratulation Rohini ...:) have a happy and safe pregnancy..

i think right now you are the most senior person in this group as per due date :)
    i think doc suggest iron tablet to everyone even if levels are ok may be dosages are different.for calcium your not taking any calcium tablets ???

newdec likes this.
  2. newdec

newdec Senior IL'ite

No I am not taking any calcium tablets yet. I did take vitamin D before summer my midwife told it's sufficient.
    Calcium supplements my DH did bring but i saw in fine print it contained lead, so didn't take anything at all.

Also till May month end I was having sufficient buttermilk, yogurt daily so didn't bother much.
    But from last one month yogurt tastes odd for me and not able to consume like before.

sujatha9211 likes this.
  3. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

may be next time your doc may prescribe calcium tablet..even i started from 17th week .

sujatha9211 and newdec like this.
  4. newdec

newdec Senior IL'ite

Thanks , I was getting worked up thinking I have not had calcium yet.
    I am in 19th week now, will make sure I have sufficient iron and calcium from now onwards atleast .

sujatha9211 and 28neha like this.
  5. sujatha9211

sujatha9211 Senior IL'ite

Hai
    i am taking my prenatal vitamins daily. if u get those in India its better to take daily. my Dr suggested to take take iron because my hemoglobin is 10.(low). In USA the Drs dont prescribe iron and calcium to every pregnant women. they only give for those who r really anemic.
    as of now pregnancy is going good :) . last two weeks was fully with house shifting and was down with common cold and cough :( . every thing is good now.
    hey guys have u seen nub theory concept. if yes upload ur ultrasound scan pictures and let us know ur baby gender prediction ..lol.

6. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I have done with my anomaly scan yesterday. All seems to be normal. Baby looks fine :) They have shown me the scanning of baby's heart, lungs, limbs, femur, face, ears, spine, kidneys, stomach, etc. They almost shown those tender fingers and feet with little toes.. <3 So excited to see it. They did not allow my hubby to see it, so my hubby was in haste to grab the report. So lovely to see it.

Share your experiences too.

7. newdec

newdec Senior IL'ite

That's really nice :blush: ..did your due date change during anamoly scan or is it same as before?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  8. newdec

newdec Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Just did my own research , since I wanted to have calcium without supplements.
    And I did manage to find solution, I never knew I had solution in my own kitchen counter.
    It's Ragi(finger millets) its very high in calcium contains 344mg of calcium for 100g of it.
    I am so pleased and started having ragi balls at night which we have in Karnataka food.

What is surprising is it contains roughly 3 times more calcium compared to milk for same quantity of 100g.
    Check below link:
    Calcium

I am just hoping to have iron calcium everything in natural food as much as possible.
    Also what I read is our body won't absorb minerals from supplements as much as from natural food, so having from food is the best bet to get these nutrients,specially plant based are good.

28neha and sujatha9211 like this.
  9. RohiniVenkat

My Dr suggested Kiwi to take as a supplement of Calcium to one of my colleague. Try it too.

17 Fruits High in Calcium

10. RohiniVenkat

@newdec I had 13.5 haem count during my 3rd month, but now it has been pulled down to 10. :( Dr Suggested to have Iron tablet twice, which I strongly hate to have. I wish to have it by means of food rather taking supplementary tablets. Do you have any food ideas to increase the count?