1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Buddha Who Likes Me .

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Jul 19, 2017.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Strange things happen sometimes .

We get many gift items for many occassions . Some are useful. Many are just left in the cupboard unused .

A few years ago we started getting those small chinese good luck images called Laughing Buddha or Kubera . Dark red in colour. Everybody was gifting them for every occassion or just like that . I had recieved from various places six or seven similar ones . So i was gifting them all away .

One particular buddha image I had got , which I had kept in the drawer , got stained at the bottom accidentally by a marker pen and could not be cleaned . I had forgotten about it.

Long time later , some relatives visited and when they were leaving , i had to give something to their young daughter after giving tamboolam to her mother . I remembered the Buddha and quickly wrapped it in aluminium foil and put a ribbon on it and gave her . She was very happy .

Then again I forgot all about it .

Almost one whole year later , we went on a pilgrimage to Perur and when returning , since we had time still for the night train , decided to visit my husband's old friend in Coimbatore .

When leaving , the lady gave me usual coconut tamboolam in a bag .

I opened the bag only after reaching home and found a small gift inside . Again , a chinese red buddha . I was putting it into the drawer when I noticed the marker pen's black mark ! Immediately I recognised and remembered . The very same one !

Unbelievable ! Because that relative who visited us and this friend are not known to each other at all ! The figure must have been recycled and recycled , I dont know how many times .

It was amazing and very funny .

I have kept it in my handbag now . I think this Buddha likes me and wants to stay with me !

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Very very interesting...

SCSusila likes this.
  3. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

4. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

very interesting. strange that he travelled so much to get back to you. nice one.

SCSusila likes this.
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

:clap2:I like to collect laughing Buddha.nice post

SCSusila and Sandycandy like this.
  6. MansiN

MansiN Senior IL'ite

Hehe this is such a nice post. Don't you love it when such coinicdences happen

SCSusila likes this.
  7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Yes, very strange ! Thats why i think he likes me :)

8. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Laughing Buddhas are nice icons . I like them too. But when you get half a dozen similar ones, we dont know what yo do with them .:)

9. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Thank you . Yes ofcourse .we need such Magic now and then to make life interesting ! :)