1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Sunshine

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by AhujaGirl, Jul 1, 2017.

1. AhujaGirl

AhujaGirl Silver IL'ite

Yes, I can and will let her know it today.

I have to muster the courage to let her know all the feelings that I have for her, which I have kept bottled up inside me.

But, what if I lose her?

I thought the same years back and could not let her know and lost her inevitably, I will not repeat my mistake and not be a coward today. I know, she will understand. Years have passed, the wrinkles are shown, maturity has dawned but one thing has never changed! My love for Sarah!

It was 18th August 1995 when I met Sarah, she and her family had just moved in to the home near ours. Sarah and I were young then and she looked like the first ray of the sun, so pure, so beautiful and so happy. Just like the early morning sun that pushes away all the darkness and brings in the warmth of a new day, Sarah brought in happiness and warmth in my life.

I think it happened to me the minute I saw her, I fell in love! She was the type who could trap you in her sunshine smile. She was my Sunshine... But, I could not have told her this then, she was but married. Sarah and her husband were tied to each other by the vows that the family dictated to them. Sarah tried to love him with all she had, but the beast that he was, gave her only pain.

I still don't know how and why she put up with him? I guess I was not as strong as Sarah to even see her go through that pain and I also knew that I had no right to stop or change things. She found solace in me and I found my life in her but then things change. Change is the only constant thing in life. Sarah had to leave. She left with scars on her body but I was left with scars in my heart and soul. Sarah went away with the beast!

After 21 years, when I met her in the old age home as a new entrant, my dying heart almost skipped a beat. I did not believe that my Sunshine was now a dying flame. The beast had killed her!!! She recognized me the minute she saw me and cried hard in my arms. I knew it then that there was something more that she saw in me than just a shoulder to cry on.

Today, I will let Sarah know of what I feel and spend the rest of my ending journey without regret. I saw her in the verandah trying to read without her spectacles. I walked upto her, those couple of steps seemed like a never ending walk to me. She looked up at me and smiled, I knelt down near her feet and she gasped. I held her hand and just said, "Sarah, I have waited all my life to let you know this that I love you and you are my Sunshine!!!" She silently heard what I had to say and cried, I saw the difference in her tears and she replied, "I loved you all my life and I waited to hear this." Now, we both just cried in each other's arms, we knew that life had spared us very little time to spend but that time was what we wanted from life, we both knew that the graves we are nearing would not grow thorns but a bed of roses to receive the love of the Sunshine...

meepre, Suja9, blackbeauty84 and 4 others like this.

2. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Dear AhujaGirl,

Your writing is so beautiful. I was imagining the story when I was reading it and felt very emotional. I wish i could write like you. I would love to read more from you All the best!!

Thank U!!

AhujaGirl likes this.
  3. AhujaGirl

AhujaGirl Silver IL'ite

Hey,

Thank you so much for the encouragement. You are an amazing writer yourself dear...

There is something more coming up soon :)

Love,
    Some Ahuja Girl

teenulahari likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Nice story AhujaGirl. Simple and straightforward. Are you planning to add more to this story or to write more stories?

AhujaGirl likes this.
  5. AhujaGirl

AhujaGirl Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much :) Also, I am planning to write a few more stories, infact I have one which is almost complete.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. AhujaGirl

AhujaGirl Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thank you so much for the appreciation, I am in the process of writing a few more stories.

Also, unless you try you would never know how good you are, I suggest you to write sometime and see, Write because it is all in there and don't bother about what others will think. I used to write but I never published any of my works or even let anyone read them for the fear of it not being good enough as a read to someone. But, one day one of my friends caught hold of my diary and he read them all and encouraged me to write and show case more. That day I realised that you are as good or bad as YOU think. And even if someone doesn't like your work it is a learning, its a challenge to outdo yourself. Compete against yourself!

With this, I hope to see your story someday :)

Love,
    Some AhujaGirl

7. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

nicely written.