1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Selfish Friends

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Sapna56, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

hello
    We went to outing with 2 families, one with kid and another couple without kids. We booked a house for us. The couple without kids came early to the stay. They grabbed a nice bedroom. Me DH and kid came with other couple. As soon as I came I saw that the couple had taken the best room. Other bedroom had a small size bed. And the third bed had two single beds. The moment I entered home I got frustrated looking at the beds and the best bed being reserved. The friend who came with us first said that small bed won't be comfortable for you guys so we will sleep there and you take the two single beds. Then don't know what happened but the couple who grabbed best room moved their luggage out from best room. Suddenly the friend who was asking us to sleep ove two single beds asked us to sleep over small bed so that they can move to best room, I didn't like this behavior of both the friends. 1) who grabbed best room first 2) who was so caring for us suddenly changed.
    I was frustrated and everyone could make out. My DH didn't say a word and so I ended up taking small room. Please help how I should have dealt with this. I thought would have told them upront that I wil take best room coz of kid n bla bla

2. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

How many nights were you supposed to be staying in the house? If it were more than o e night, I would suggest that let's take turns each night. You can also say that your kid cannot sleep well if the bed is too small. Decent people usually accept if you mention kids, unless the reason is outright unbelievable.

Else if there is some other thing other than house like the best seat in the car for a long distance journey, or any other aspects (I dont know what kind of outing it was) you could have insisted on getting the best option.

And it is not too bad to show your frustration sometimes.

Sweety82 and sindmani like this.
  3. DORCY

DORCY New IL'ite

4. DORCY

DORCY New IL'ite

You should have told them outrightly.They turned mean in the phase of comfort.It shows they are not your true friends.

NeetaR likes this.
  5. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

Simple from next time avoid to go with them..have lone trips with high price and comfort..you shld have told her that u need a bigger room

shri0218 and NeetaR like this.
  6. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

I dont like to go on vacation in groups for the very same reason. Vacations that should have been relaxing and meant for spending good time with friends, end up with issues like this if not planned properly.

If possible, next time onwards, plan properly even if it means spending a little more. Book Hotel rooms as per your budget. That way, you can spend as much time with your friends as you want to in the lobby or restaurant and then go back to your rooms to sleep.

Naari, Purple2017, shri0218 and 2 others like this.
  7. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Yes. most of the ppl I have seen are like this only. So I avoid. They decide for others too which is very bad. Many ppl doesn't even know / or doesn't want to be neutral. They don't care for others and focus on only them when it matters to money or any comfort. U spend for them and when it comes to them they will think twice when they need to spend for u. So better avoid such ppl.

8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

For me your second friend seems more selfish than the first one. First one atleast realised and moved to the other room, may be initially they haven't thought of this and they came first so just occupied that for the time being. So I don't blame the first one as sometimes it happens without realizing the fact....but the second one looks selfish / cunning...

9. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

I agree with you, Elsa...and hope that Sapna56 will follow your steps next time...

10. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

You should have tackled it upfront, saying you need the bigger (not better) room because there are more members in your family.

Or you could have joked - OK, but you will be getting 2 kids free with that room! That wouldhave got the point across.

I think what happened is the other couple with kid talked to them about shifting into that room, since they have kid, and got them to move.

Naari likes this.