100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Needed a package by 5 pm. It arrived at 4:45. Mailman surprised I opened door even before he rang the doorbell. : )

sindmani, Gauri03 and Sandycandy like this.
  2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I love watching animal documentaries. I am easily amused by the names and frolics of the sea cows (dugong) and water hogs (capybara). I find them the cutest in the animal kingdom!

Dugong-Capybara.png

My favourite is the three-toed sloth of Central America. I worship such languour.

Positive: I get very excited when I watch such stuff, for instance, the incredible patience in the animal kingdom. Last week, I came across Darwin spider in one of the documentaries and was thrilled to know about the painstaking orb-web it spins. I, on the other hand, will retrieve and eat back my silk after a setback and fall asleep rather than retry. Here's a clip about the Darwin's bark spider that meticulously casts a twenty-five meter bridge line.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    sindmani, Giri12, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Any busy day I put all the works aside to chat with kids.. I don't wanna miss that chnace actually which boosts my energy to do all other works. I enjoy their gesture s while listening to me and rewind it at least for 2 hours. Of course i might not have more responsible works, so spending here. I pluck a sweet line through every discussion and get admired for hours.
    'mom speaks very big words like dealing with adults, still I like it. ' :)

When someone is there to lift up your mood, why should your brain get hooked with negative incidents?

Good morning :)

sindmani, Giri12, kaniths and 3 others like this.
  4. rachaputi

'A dearest one's appreciation can make your day beautiful' :)

Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  5. Rihana

Spent half an hour without phone or any device that tells time nearby. Listening to music, not knowing what will play next in the compilation.

Felt like childhood days. When life was lived in the moment. If milkman didn't come in the morning, mostly no tea. If the newspaper didn't come, we didn't know the news unless we switched on the radio. And if no power, then radio didn't come on, as most often the transistor radio didn't have batteries. We managed without knowing we were managing. People simply came out of their houses, and talked with each other.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    sindmani, Giri12, Mistt and 4 others like this.
  6. Hansa78

Hansa78 Bronze IL'ite

Amazing thread... Very much needed in life to keep you going against all odds.
    Finished all my house chores, just in time to watch my fav. show....but unable to get signals on my tv due to bad weather and missed the show. Instead of cribbing, I caught up with my old friend on phone..
    Felt good, sometimes it is better to focus on something else when you feel things r not just working in your way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2017
  7. rachaputi

Subah bachho ko utne ko aada ganta, nashta, box, beech mein bacha ka padayi dekhna, bachhi fresh up ko gaya ya nahi dekhna, Mera chai, Khana jaldi kharaha Hai ya nahi dekhna, jagada sambalna, poora bag ready Hai ya nahi dekhna, snacks rakha Hai nahi dekhna, boxes rakhna.... It tension main Inka jokes until last moment which raises BP. Aakhri lift bandh karne ka time unka bye aur their naughty things dimaak me aake smile detha hai... Hahaha :)

Going for yoga done Surya namskar since two days, actually it's new trick to wake up my younger one to wake up fast :p.. papa you are not teaching mummy Surya namaskar today, I'm still not perfect in that :p :) :).. poor kiddo trusts that :p

Postponing tailoring work :( will try to give today. Actually once after all the house work getting tired, body pleasing to be lazy.

And someone can suggest me good, screen and audio recording software. Tried with some software but after making a video of two hours struggle we lost that file. Damn DS was badly upset with that. Don't know how many days again it takes for him to try it again. :unamused:

Good morning everyone :blush:

Giri12, Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  8. Rihana

A friend made the time to talk with me. On my request. She did not 'find' the time; she 'made' the time. A subtle difference between the two. Time between two meetings when she was WFH and has guests from India.

Gazillion years ago when 200 little kids were being divided into "sections" in first grade, she and I both got put in Section B. And stayed put in Section B for many years. : )

sindmani, cheenu123, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

While my heart is racing in anticipation of Something I have to deal with all by myself in 2 days, my face or my actions hardly expresses it. I am strong and I can handle this is the only mantra I'm repeating.

10. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

sindmani likes this.