1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationships Forum Chatter & Grey Matter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The feature of Indian bathrooms from my childhood that I miss the most is the toilet not being in the same place as shower area. In my childhood house, the bathroom, toilet, and wash basin were separate entities. I have to say haven't seen better design ever. : (

Visited it last year. Is very run down, and dilapidated. But the windows are the same. Peeped in from outside. Recalled the convenience of long baths.... waiting for Anne French to work : ) , or putting reetha (soapnut) in the hair and letting it stay for a while....... loooong time in the bathroom... and no impatient knocks..

It is actually not so hard to have separate bathroom (shower) in the U.S., come to think of it. If designing home from scratch.

LOL.. thread should be renamed.. is now a treatise on bathrooms.. : )

====
    I rarely mop the bathroom floor. Just Indian jhaadu (broom) whenever the hair on the floor gets to me (literally!)

( made in China jhaadu !)

poovai and Amica like this.
  2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Since this thread is turning into a toilet experiences, ,
    Get a faucet fixed in the toilet. Life will never be the same again. Best of both worlds - paper and water.

The one reason i want to visit Japan - to check out the toilets. One day I dream of having my toilet with bidet functions .... then i will sit on it and say huskily- no more bathrooms , only spa rooms :relaxed:

for now , in my parent's place , i have the faucet fixed one one side and toilet roll on the other. The problem as Rih mentioned is open shower. I carried the magic mop - that really dries the floor well - one for each bathroom.

Rihana, SGBV and yellowmango like this.
  3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Hilarious ... it is not only me. most of us feel the same way about bathrooms! Such a poor design by the masons and no one is questioning them when the house is being built.

Few years ago...I was giving a demo about wet bathroom floor/toilet and my family was looking at me like "what is wrong with you?" Their comment, wipe your feet when you get out of the bathroom!

another thing that drives nuts, when you lay down on bed, all you see is the loft stuffed with "things that you don't want to see rest of your life".

To complete the bedroom with loft closing - cupboards, cost few lac rupees. No one throws things out of their house, they just stuff it into their loft above the bedroom.

Soon, my mom will be vacating her house, hope there will not be any kitten family living there for generations.

Amica, BhumiBabe and Rihana like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

No way!!!!

For the record, I am an outsider to them... So, this means, they are not my family....
    Hope this equation works!!!

As for the above post, I mentioned about my aunts (both maternal and paternal) and other older relatives of my side, who have their offsprings living in the west. Thus they frequently visit there.
    However, they always complain about this Water Vs Paper issue as if the latter arrangement is non-hygienic.

My Parents never had this kind of problems since the beginning.

AngelNew, Rihana and Sunshine04 like this.
  5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

:clap2::clap2::banana::banana:

6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

what happened with ur co sis visit????

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I had to google-images for Rana Dagubatti and Fawad Khan. : )

Looks like Fawad Khan was the DJ Ali in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. Didn't realize he is such a big name. And he was also in Kapoor and Sons! Can't believe I watched two movies and didn't know he was in them.. Which is a good Pakistani drama starring him, and where can it be watched on the internet? Legally...

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Highly recommend zindagi Gulzar hain and Humsafar . Just a warning though, I find pak dramas a big regressive at times , but fawad khan makes up for everything ! I found these on YouTube btw.

Rihana likes this.
  9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Generally the case Rihana. That is why we all need our girl friends.

Rihana likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I have a school mate on our whatsapp group who is a dr herself and insists on announcing herself as such and refers to her husband and both sons with dr which sounds weird to say the least.

sindmani likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.