1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Very true Shara. How are your girls doing. Thanks a lot for inspiring.
    Will try music with walks tomorrow
    Cliona

chithirainilavu and AkilaMani like this.
  2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@cliona,

Good to know that you are taking yoga classes. It helps a lot with calming down. Shara said it all and said it very well dear. It is a bit crazy the first year; throw in-laws in the mix and it can become stressful. Babies also pickup on the mother's mood. So if you are feeling stressed out, chances are the baby is stress out and it will be more clingy and cranky. So try to relax and be concerned only about that day and that hour. No need to think about things that do not immediately matter much. You will have time for it later.

Some actionable things that you can try :-
    1. Make a mental list of 2-3 things that you want to get done that day. And do it as early in the day as possible. This way you will feel accomplished and feel happier. It can be simple things like making the bed or loading up the washing machine.

2. Read something everyday, even if it is only for 15 mins. It helps a lot with managing the mood.

3. Walk at least 15-20 mins. Within the apartment or outside. Music will be a bonus.

4. Spend some time at least 15 mins with the older child also.

Hope this helps a bit dear.

Take care.

cliona, Bubbles and chithirainilavu like this.
  3. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

cliona likes this.
  4. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

very true akila

reading helps a lot lot in any situations

hope all well

take care

Shara

AkilaMani and cliona like this.
  5. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

@cliona : I can very well understand ur feelings right now! your feelings are absolutely normal.. here are a few things that i did during that phase of life to boost my energy and make myself happy and going...I also had the mix of in-laws during that struggling phase which added to the gloominess!!
    1. Do possible house chores, take care of ur smaller one MOST, take care of ur elder one MEDIUM and then in the evening for like an hour hand over the babies to in-laws and openly tell them that - I just want to walk for sometime pls take care of my babies, i ll be back soon...

take a small walk, dont strain urself with too much walking.. and then the remaining time just sit in the park or anywhere in ur apartment bench and just close ur eyes and relax.. u can even watch a few videos from youtube, search by the title-new SAHM mom life!!

Trust me, watching these kinda videos will just boost ur levels very high.. it ll want u to be a super mom!!!very motivating!

2. After ur husband comes back from office, and before u hit the bed, again follow the same with him..tell him u need sometime for urself so he should take care in the bed time for like an hour.. and utilise these me-time in whatever way u feel good..

there are no rules for a new mom..just relax and be urself around ur smaller one..and with ur elder one , be a friend.. elder ones will generally become more possesive during these time..so play with her too!!

take care..everyone had passed these stages, so ur not alone! cheer up :)

AkilaMani, cliona and Bubbles like this.
  6. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hello buddies!! I'm back after a loooong break, and so happy to see you all rallying here.. instant comfort.. Had some personal issues to settle that was taking a lot of time..
    @AkilaMani @cliona @chithirainilavu @BDivya so good to see your posts (hugs)
    Welcome, @Chulbuli04 ! Feel free to unburden yourself as well as celebrate your day-to-day victories here!

Dear @cliona! You've already got great advice..just wanted to check in to see how you're feeling..
    Do do do take time out for yourself - without any guilt or misgivings.. and use it on YOURSELF - whatever soothes you, or excites you.
    And DO get out of the house, in any pretext.. walk, grocery shopping, or just say u need some Vit D (sun exposure)..at one point, when I felt really low and stuck in the house, I used to insist the garbage had to be thrown frequently:facepalm: but those five minutes of fresh air and solitude made a significant difference!!
    Turn on the music while you do chores/cook..and try teaching your baby and kid to dance and have rollicking fun in the meantime..:biggrin: or have ticklefest..these are small but instant mood-lifters...
    If its tough getting time for yourself, make it a habit to pray twice daily - whatever be your religious practice.. if you already do, spend a little more time there, and use it to recharge yourself. .. i suspect that is a big reason why many women were very religious earlier:smilingimp:
    You can beat this !(hugs)

AkilaMani and cliona like this.
  7. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi girls ,
    I am so happy that I have so many people guiding me. You all mean so much to me. Akila,Shara,Bdivya and bubbles. I feel like crying. Thanks a lot for the support. My gratitude towards you guys. :sob:
    @Bubbles welcome back dear.
    As mothers we are always there for the kids and families. We forget our own existence. I guess, I need to focus on myself within the limited time. And need to make time somehow. Will keep all your thoughts in my mind and work on it.
    Love the musical walks girls. Really music does uplift mood. And Yoga although not regular has pulled me out of gloom. And with all of your guidance and support... I can come out of this phase.
    Thanks a ton my dearies
    Cliona

AkilaMani and Bubbles like this.
  8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,

happy to be back. Was in India for vacation for the past few weeks and couldn't check in here. So happy to see you @Bubbles :)

Got back last night only and still feeling a bit tired. Will come back are read the earlier post later. Take care dears :)

cliona likes this.
  9. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Welcome back Akila dear :)

AkilaMani likes this.
  10. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi all.
    @AkilaMani , have you settled As usual you must have got busy with the routine back....
    @chithirainilavu Shara, how are things at your end. Girls must be keeping you busy..

@Bubbles I remember the time when your baby was 8 months and suddenly was giving you sleepless nights. Kept you very busy. I was pregnant that time.. I guess a year back. I used to think that even I might be in same situation around this time.... and I am !
    Feels very frustrating with a clingy baby. New separation anxiety phase is here. Can't even go to bathroom !!!!
    Please let me know your situation right now which will give me hope. Your little one must have grown right.... It's although strange how we feel that this is going to be eternal ! Moreover I am a second time mom !!!!! Yet !
    Other SAHMs of the group..... how are your situations....
    Regards,
    Cliona

Bubbles and AkilaMani like this.