1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Be Strong When Your Circumstances Make You Weak?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by morethanruby, Apr 22, 2017.

1. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Hi morethanruby,
    It is better to express our anger at some circumstances depending on with whom we interact,the matter etc.But anger expressed immediately does not bring good results.The words uttered are never forgotten & it makes the other person more egoistic & aggressive unless they are very soft. They will also remember the ugly words.You should try to get away from that place for sometime,chant some one word manthras mentally like "Om", "Om Shanthi" etc ,.For controlling negative emotions regular Meditation is best Food health also plays a major role.By displaying our anger we give room for others to know which issues can make us angry or moody.Try to be sportive if the issues are not so worthy to get angry.At the same time if there is any weakness in you & pointed by others try to accept in ur mind & not openly at all times. Going to temples also help to control ur mood swings.To err is human ,to forget is divine.Apply this for u & others ,Don't have too much guilty consciousness but try to correct yourself.May god bless you!

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I will talk about my personal experience, it might not be applicable, but... I felt like it might help someone.

Over the past couple of months, I have realized that my circumstances made me feel weak, but I have the power to actually be strong despite it. It's all about changing your perception. I will also mention, my circumstances made me have mood swings and I was often depressed.

When I was weak, my mother recommended me to read an affirmation, daily, so I hear the positivity and end up feeling it. I was unable to do that then. I didn't have the clarity to help myself. Instead, I worked on my health - starting from my wrists (which hurt frequently enough to make carrying the saucepan impossible). After my wrists started feeling better, and after taking vitamins and eating healthy. I started working out, small stuff - stretching by the kitchen counter, dancing to music, doing bicep curls with my groceries. Then, I did something crazy and splurged on really cute workout clothes. This was crucial, because I felt cute wearing them, and comfortable working out in them. The past two weeks, I raised it up a notch, and started using actual weights and watching youtube exercise videos. The fact that my back and neck doesn't hurt anymore, though my legs and arms are sore - I feel energized and more motivated - in all aspects of my life.

It's amazing how just my body feeling better makes me very sure of my actions. I might not be in the same physical fitness as I was during high school and college, but the lightness in my mood and thoughts, match.

In my free time, I also look up inspirational women's quotes... somehow that works up the steam. Now, whatever is going on in my marriage/life - I can shake it off, because I don't perceive them to be able to hurt me (though they are still capable of being annoying).

About your anger... channel it into an activity, make it useful for something. If you are angry and cannot change your circumstance, join a martial arts club or start running or weights. Think you want to get strong physically to beat up the offender... of course you won't actually beat them up, but you get the idea.

sindmani, Dishaa and Sandycandy like this.
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op. My response is based on this post. I don't know much about u. But I am confident u will get through this and surely show the world that ur life is a success. If u don't mind please go through my posts

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

We all have our strengths and I am sure you do too. It's normal to be emotional and it's ok to cry. Talk to a supportive friend or a family member, try meditation and writing down your thoughts. If nothing helps , don't hesitate to talk to a therapist / counselor . Take care of yourself ! Wishing you the very best !

sindmani likes this.
  5. Layanj

Layanj New IL'ite

take help from family

6. annmeevz

annmeevz New IL'ite

I agree with diya

Superb Diya:thumbsup: