1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inexpensive Return Gift Ideas For Toddlers

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by sanjuruby3, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Where is the party? How big is the hall? How much will be the cost of food (and cake) per head?

Remember that it is summer, so people will be on vacations too. Also, take into account that some people won't respond to invitation (but might show up), and some who say Yes will cancel at last minute or not show up.

At this age of kids, when parents have to stay, anything more than 15 kids is too much. When parents drop off kids for party, you can go up to 25.

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

sanjuruby

We have done the mistake of calling all people who we knew and who we thought would be interested in attending my children's birthday party. And it turns out that not many people are really interested in attending parties unless it is of a child that is close in age to their own kids and all the kids actually have something to do at the parties.

So our birthday parties are now only for those kids that regularly interact with my children and my older daughter, who is 6, she just has a couple of her friends over for a sleepover and something fun to do - like some fancy activity or a movie of their choice etc. So I would suggest you keep it real simple. Call only really close friends and kids your child interacts with on a regular basis. All other friends of mom-dad, call them for a pot luck or some such informal meeting instead of a birthday party. Do not make your child's birthday party an opportunity to socialize with your own friends. I have done that mistake and believe me, regretted it for long after!!!

sindmani likes this.
  3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Well, we started attending school mates bday parties for our kid since they are in same class, thought she would learn. We have slow kid here. Our daughter is very shy and does not talk much in class. Also, traditionally in India, we usually used to go to invitations. So we started. We are booking arcade kind of place.

I wanted to have just classmates ( because she needs to interact), but then my H wants his friends with kids too. Then I thought I have friends with kids. I should invite them too.
    Since she moved to another class, kids/parents are completely new. In old class, there were some parents, I knew little because seen them at every party. So I thought, may be I should invite old class too ( though I think I will skip)
    I am trying to convince my H to have just knowns ( mostly indians, where we connect and some kids my kid love to play with). Its so difficult to handle these many people.

4. jenifermakson

jenifermakson New IL'ite

their are many ideas, You can gift small home decor items, small jewellery box, key chains, etc. their are many sites nowadays which provide beautiful gifts ideas and online gift delivery same day.

sindmani likes this.