Dissipiating Karma

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by CoolPie, May 24, 2017.

1. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True. But ,When Mr A treats a person bad the person can forgive Mr A internally. But nature will not forgive Mr A. . it is universal law and science. Any bad deed of a person will have ill consequences. Good begets good.100 times good deed and words and thoughts of a person will multiply and come back . same for bad.

2. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

My view is by serving the society by teaching the poor, Anna dhanam, health related helps for the poor etc, can nullify a person's bad karma in his past life . that person should be doing the service with full heart.

dimple7, dc24 and CoolPie like this.
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Excellent way of presentation

CoolPie likes this.
  4. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Dear dc24,
    Your words reflect my mind and my comprehension on the theory of karma. If I had just read from the book about these I wouldnt have believed much. But all these have come from the mouths of great sages like Saibaba, Sri Raghavendraswamy, Sri Mahaperiyava, Swami Sivananda, Buddha and a few other pure souls who are even today guiding us if we pray whole-heartedly to them or to our Lord.

Even today, these souls guide a few human beings in disguise or in dreams, or in miraculous ways or in ways which they only know.
    Since these Saints have become one with God, they see every living being in the same angle. Karma cannot act on them. They have exhausted karma. They dont have preferences in anything or on any being. They dont think a man's life is more important than an ant's life. For them, an ant , a cow, a bird, a microscopic virus, a snake, a human being all are one and the same. They dont feel sadness or happiness like us who are subjects of karma.

If the karma of a being permits, it can get in contact with any of these true gurus or even a few of them. They can guide us not only in this birth or in future births, but they can also guide us towards self-realisation. We can also become like them once our karma is exhausted completely.

I read in some book that Sage Agathiar answers a devotee that no being is asking us to lead towards God. All beings want us to help them only out of bad situations in this birth.
    It would be nice if the devotee asks for permanent solution rather than temporary solutions as this life will spring up with problems one after the other.

You can read true stories of the miraculous deeds they are doing in various books that are published. If you are fortunate enough to read Sri Raghavendra Mahimai ( I dont know whether the same is available in English), you are fortunate enough to understand how Sri Raghavendraswamy answers and guides those who pray sincerely to him.

We all know that many people from many religions pray to Saibaba even following vrat or fasting on thursdays to get wishes fulfilled. Yes, the true saints answer our prayers once we pray to them whole-heartedly. This is 100% true. I am not talking about those who pose as sages in today's world. I dont know their genuinity. When there are so many true guiding souls, why should we surrender to these who claim themselves as gurus in the modern world. Sorry, I am talking in general here.

Read the life of Swami Sivananda of the twentieth century, who has recently attained mukthi, you ll know that he gave whatever he earned to whoever asked. A doctor by profession, he did so much service to all he encountered even though he knew that many people who were taking advantage of his situation. He says in his autobiography, he just gave and gave whatever he possessed with love even if they were greedy. This is a way to exhaust karma that has been accumulated. He helped many. Finally he attained mukthi. His life is a lesson on how to reduce/dissolve karma.

Read the autobiography of a yogi by Paramahamsa Yogonanda to understand atleast a little of a soul's life in its journey towards Godhead.

All the sages have advised to love fellow beings, but to do your duty and pray to Him whole-heartedly. None has said to leave our duties and think of God. In fact doing one's duty is another way of exhausting karma. If one doesnt do his/her duty, it gets piled up and there comes another birth to do it.

Even a saint cannot escape karma even though it might be his last birth. That is why Sri Ramana Maharishi allowed cancer to spread in his body, even though he can get rid of it in a second. Mahaperiyava didnt allow people to treat him when he had a few ailments. A saints's ways cannot be understood completely by a normal human being, they only pose sometimes like ordinary human beings.

Since these great souls have themselves talked about karma and its consequences, I beleive it must be true. They never misguide us.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    sindmani, dc24 and vaidehi71 like this.
  5. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Thanks very much Sindmani for your compliment.

Dear dc24,
    I am happy to see you mention the types of karma. I too felt surprised to get in contact with a person like you who believes the same as me in this age of kaliyuga and also presents facts regarding the same.

It is also 200% true that only if our karma allows we ll believe in all these.

I am very very happy to have found someone who reflects my thoughts. This is also our karma I think, even though this statement seems funny.

dc24 likes this.
  6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Be happy, joyful, have a good-time, and "good". No need to be serious, grim, and good.

Here is the Christian perspective of sin (bad karma accumulation), and rebirth, according to father Sarducci. He confirms that a sinner has to "pay for his/her sins", and if it cannot be paid, then s/he would be reborn to do some Karma-Kancelling good deeds in order to get that absolution, that is, have no more rebirths:

CoolPie likes this.
  7. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Dear @CoolPie
    I'm so grateful to you for sharing with us all...the life n teachings of great Saints and sages.

Please keep guiding us with their life's teachings abd examples they set. I have read little about Sri Raghavendra Swami and I'm greatly moved by the compassion he possessed for all beings. He preached devotion to God as the ultimate goal of human life. From where can we get his Mahimai book in English/Hindi ?

I'm also very very much impressed with the teachings of Maharishi Raman and Swami Shivananda. And many thanks for sharing how compassionate they were and how austere they were....I bow down unto their feet.

sindmani and CoolPie like this.
  8. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

I have read An autobiography of a Yogi...it's truly spiritually uplifting.

CoolPie likes this.
  9. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Dear dc24,

Many many thanks for having so much faith in my words. If you are interested, read the life and teachings of Saints like Saint Sri Raghavendraswamy, Sri Saibaba, Bodhendral, Swami Sivananda, Neem Karoli baba, Mahaperiyava, Sadasiva Brahmendral, Saint Tukaram, Sri Prahalada, Sri Trailangaswami, Sri SeshadriSwamigal, Buddha, Maharishi, YogiRam Suratkumar and a few others.

As you have asked, I think Sri Raghavendra Mahimai is available only in tamil as of now. I hope they ll translate to few other languages in the future.

We all know that shastras state Mother as the first God, father as the second and Guru or teacher as the third.

For those who have a guru, shastras even claim Guru is God in disguise. One should never go against his/her guru's words. Following Guru's words will lead to self-realisation.

Though every teacher is termed guru in this world, the best teacher is a spiritual teacher who teaches for the upliftment of the soul. Guru means remover of sorrow. Guru leads us from darkness to light which is liberation/deliverance from the cycle of birth and death.

For those are fortunate who have a guru. Shastras attest that it takes many births to find one.
    Here I am referring to a spiritual guru and not the mundane guru who teaches us academics/sports/fine arts or other materialistic theories for just one life.

Those who do not have a guru can think any of the true saints as guru and keep praying either for mundane needs or for spiritual needs.

You can google and read their lives and teachings of true saints. If you read various links of the same saint you ll get to understand their teachings.

We cannot judge a saint with our common sense and the limited intelligence as how we judge our fellow beings. They pose as ordinary beings but they were one with Him when they lived on earth. Though they look and act like fellow human beings sometimes, they really are not so. Their ways are mysterious, we can understand only little of their ways while some cannot be easy to comprehend for a normal human mind.

If you are interested, take a bath, light a holy lamp, chant a few mantras and read a saint's life every thursday or any day you wish. They will guide us definitely if we have faith in any of them. Of course, reading their lives, we create punya or a good karmic deed. If done with faith, they guide us, destroy our karmas and even lead to Him.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    sindmani likes this.
  10. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Dear coolpie
    You carry very good samskaars and positive karma from your previous births as I can notice that you've strong faith in the words of ancient saints and spiritual Gurus. Only by positive karmic account is this possible.
    "Mookam karoti vachalam...Pangum langhyate girim...yat kripa tamham vande...sri gurum deen taranam..paramanand Madhavam."
    Meaning- By the mercy of Sri Guru, even a dumb can start speaking and a lame can climb mountains. Such is the mercy of a real saintly Guru...who's just like ever-blissful Lord Madhav."

I'm very very impressed and awestruck by the amazing devotion of Swami Raghavendra. I read somewhere that he's incarnation of Bhaktha Prahlada.

Also, Neem Karoli Babaji Maharaj, was an exalted God-realized saint. He's said to be an incarnation of Hanuman ji.

I'll read about other saints..that you've mentioned.
    These Gurus and Saints have shown us the path towards God. If we just develop faith in their words and act according to their instructions, then our human birth will be successful.

CoolPie likes this.