1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mind Full Of Negativity.. Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by kshema, May 29, 2017.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I used to be very negative like this when I was a teen.

Those days, if someone goes out of the house and did not turn back on the said time, I would feel very negative. I would think about the worst, and my mind would be very stressful during this time.
    I don't know the reasons behind, but this is what I used to feel back then.

So, the worry is always about my dad, my mom, my bro and an uncle who stayed with us. I would go through this pain almost daily, that too for a few times on a daily basis. Horrible isn't it?

Then I grew up to be religious, and started to have faith in God for everything. I understood that God is in full control of everything.
    So, whenever my people go out of the house, I say a silent prayer for them. I request God to look after them. And then I believe that God will take care of the rest. Even during the worst case scenario, I trust God to be the last resort.
    It is like sending God with them as a protection.

This helped a lot.

With time, I've moved on so much from that. I am a mom now and I can send my kids anywhere, and stay peacefully. Just that I do a very thorough check to be on safe side, but thats has nothing to do with my negativity.

sindmani, Mistt, kshema and 1 other person like this.
  2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

It is not negativity at all. We have a quiet and peaceful setup at home, and venturing out becomes risky to varying degrees.... no matter what the venture, and how far the loved-one has to go, and remain absent from home.
    I live in forin. We have family connections in various places far away. When one of us is away, I feel uneasy. Not negative, but uneasy. Skype is the life line with a face, a voice and good news.

SGBV likes this.
  3. Sani12

Sani12 Bronze IL'ite

. Hi,

First of all. Breath. Just breath. You don’t have a disease , what you have is anxiety, I have been through the same thing as you. Believe me – the exact same thing. This was a 2-3 years back. In fact when I read your post, I felt that someone else has also gone through what I have done through.

I used to think the same. When ever my parents went in car, I thought the same – what will happen if they get into an accident? This happened for every situation. What if my mom has a heart attack. What if my mom falls down. When I myself went in a lift, the first thought that entered my mind was – What if this lift falls ? When I am walking under a tree, first thought was – what if the branch falls on my head? I was also soo negative. This used to affect me so negatively that I used to see negative dreams. Once I dreamt that my mom died in front of my eyes. I woke up sweating. Its because if you are too attached to someone \ something , you are very very afraid of losing them. Your mind naturally goes in the negative direction. But this is all a mind game. It is a fact that our mind attracts negative thoughts rapidly rather than positive thoughts. So we have to work to keep our mind positive. I wanted to solve this. So What I did was – every time such a negative thought entered my mind, I consciously made an effort to distract my thought. I also used to pinch myself so that it hurt a li’l as a reminder not to let my mind become negative as a punishment. But still next time, the same negative thought entered my mind. Again I told myself to consciously make an effort to distract myself. With practice, my thought process changed. Now negative thoughts don’t enter my mind too often. And after a while, it will happen automatically.
    Worry and Anxiety will eat you alive , you will be in tension 24/7/365 - do you really want to live like that? No na, so try and change your mind towards positivity.

Also if such things enter your mind believe in the fact that YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT WHAT EVER LIFE THROWS AT YOU.Zindagi me akele aye the, akele jana hai. Jab jab jo jo hone hai, tab tab so so hota hai. When you accept this fact, negative thoughts will not affect you soo much.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  4. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

5. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

6. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Thanku everyone for your suggestions.. It means a lot to me.. Feeling little relaxed..

7. Remmie

Remmie New IL'ite

Yes.it is very useful.

8. Purple2017

Purple2017 Silver IL'ite

As an experiment in 'poetry therapy', may I invite each and everybody to read my poetry book "Droplets" that aims to mitigate depression from the world......one can click, www.educreation.in/author/kishorekumardas/ for details...

9. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

Hello,

my own way of handling things is saying thanks to the fear thought for alerting me, see if what normally we need to do have been taken care of, and then moving on to choose what I want to see. I read in a book that we focus more on what we do not want in life than about what we do want. So, whenever a negative thought comes, I try to acknowledge it, and then think of what I really want in that situation. If it is the child going to school, I look at the image of the child happily telling me everything that took place in the school and how I am happy with the way he/she was happy..I try to see what I want ..all of us happy, hale and healthy!! If someone is going out I see them back happily discussing about how wonderfully everything went off!!

It works wonders - first acknowledging the fear thought by saying thanks for being there, and then switching over to what I want the situation to be like. Try that, it is fun and it works. Sometimes I write out the scene in detail when time permits. This is not streching things far, but if the fear is so dominating nothing wrong in sparing time to look at the best side of the picture. Afterall we shpuld remember, most of the fears will not turn out real!!

Cheers to you, all of us are together when comes to worrying about, unknown future..but that's the part of the game, to say thanks and go on! BTW I thank the links posted by friends. Will go through them surely!!

10. Cool44

Cool44 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

As i have read all other members reply to your question, i will go into another different aspect which no one has mentioned here,

In your birth chart, the Planet ketu might be ill placed, Which might give you a feeling of Insecurity throughout your life, Always some disturbances might arise in your mind even though there is no actual reason to be afraid.
    So, If you believe in it you could do some rituals to please the planet ketu which will eventually get rid of your all fears arising in your mind.

You can Also hear to Skanda Sasti kavacham and Skanda Guru Kavacham daily which will improve your mental strength and gives inner peace.

Regards