1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A→b And B→a

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 26, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Quote from B to A:

"The journey matters as much as the destination"

Quote from A to B:

"Preparation for the journey matters as much as the journey and destination"

Only once in 2008 my entire family consisting of my wife, myself and my son went on 15 days vacation other than to India. We flew to Rome and got on Carnival Freedom and visited Naples, Dubrovnik, Venice, Cecily, Amsterdam, Cannes, Florence and then back to Rome. 12 days in the ship and 3 days in Rome. The trip was to celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary.

We prepared for this visit for nearly 3 months, planning vacation time, booking the cruise, buying plane tickets, planning the package tours in various locations, etc. That is the most exciting period for us even though the trip never started.

So you can tell your husband that getting ready is a pleasant experience as you munch what all you were going to experience during the journey and when you reach the destination.

Viswa

satchitananda likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

True Viswa. In fact, every part of the journey is enjoyable. The anticipation while preparing, the enjoyment along the way and the feeling of joy on reaching the destination. It's ages since we have gone on a holiday anywhere. Time to start planning another one.

3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchitananda,

Sorry for the second interruption.In 2008.we went on Europe Tour .My son got us the tickets in connection with my husband's 70th Birth day.We prepared so much, referred to so many books in Connimera library ,studied details about Rome, Italy, Switzerland ,Holland and England and jotted down many doubts to be clarified by the Guide.
    Our local trips from kashmir to kanyakumari were equally enjoyable. We always took our MIL with us. In spite of all her AAcharam and inhibitions for taking outside food,she was a very good company to my children.As a person interested in history and architecture she explained the minute differences in architecture of Chola, pallava and Chalukya dynasties interestingly to my children.

Apart from our journey by train or plane,life is the most abstract of all journeys.

The beginning is not known until you become aware of it and the end or the destination is different to different travellers.
    Some travellers believe there is an end to their life. Their destination is to get disconnected, to become nonexistent.
    For some it is a question mark. Though the corporal existence ends will there be an end for their spiritual existence?
    The third category are who firmly believe in immortality of the spirit or the soul. For them there is no end of the journey.
    For all journeys the purpose is the destination and not a fixed place.
    Even flamingoes migrate to Sewree in Mumbai from somewhere in the Far East. When they start their journey do they keep Sewree as their destination? My feeling is that they fly to a suitable destination where they can make their nestling.
    They end their journey at a place where they find it suitable to raise their chicks.

Next comes the journey of our thoughts and imagination also have no fixed destination. It keeps constantly changing and is limitless as it can reach the end of world and beyond the infinity in a nano second.
    So the purpose is the destination of our journey. The journey may differ from person to person to achieve the same purpose.

Taking the journey of our mails ,do they end at the destination called deletion?
    No, they end up in trash. Even if you delete from the trash it will be stored somewhere in the net and may be retrieved one day.
    The journey of 'sound' is something amazing.The words sages spoke ( shruthis) travelled in air and have reached us and edited in the form of Vedas.
    The noise made by anything travels in the air.
    How long does it travel and where will it end?.
    In childhood (why, even now) I was fascinated by a truth (non scientific) that the words spoken by us never die down. They keep on travelling. That the scientists may one day retrieve even the words of Jesus spoken at his great Sermon on the Mount.

So some travels never end.

In the books of man the journey that ends
    will never continue.
    And in the books of God, the journey that continues will never end.
    Satchi's thoughts on 'A to B' and'B to A' has taken me to the greatest spiritual heights of oneness with the so called Supreme consciousness, the only stated purpose of journey of life.Have I confused you enough?

[​IMG]Jayasala 42

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

A→b And B→a .....back and forth and forth and back. That is the way it should be. Glad you are enjoying the ride :)
    For me wherever i go, destination has always been home (yes, go ahead read home in every sense possible :) )- so journey has been what really mattered to me personally.

SunPa and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for that detailed response JS Ma'am. Interesting thoughts. Enjoyed reading them.

6. satchitananda

Aww Sabitha, that must be tough if you try to get away on a vacation and the destination automatically turns into the starting point!!! :)

7. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Love your post. brought a smile on my face as i think about how DH and I have changed in the past two decades.
    Reminds me of what my bestie's mom would say, as we absorbed each other's habits ( forgive my telugu, it has been a bit rusty)
    Aaru maasalu sahavasam chestay, vaaru veeru avatharu , veeru vaaru avatharu.
    When you live with someone for 6 months, he/she becomes you and you become him/her.

satchitananda and Srama like this.
  8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Congrats on your second childhood. The most depressing part of a journey is reaching the destination.

9. satchitananda

Thanks SunPa. Only irony is there is always scope for arguments. Only it changes the other way around. :)

10. satchitananda

Why do you say that Balajee?