1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love You To The Moon & The Back - A Bunch Of Love

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by IniyaaSri, May 22, 2017.

1. dhanalakshmidev

dhanalakshmidev Senior IL'ite

dear iniya
    Super good story....Based on true facts.....keep rocking

Regards
    Archana

IniyaaSri likes this.
  2. dhanalakshmidev

dhanalakshmidev Senior IL'ite

dear iniya
    Super good story....Moreover based on true facts what we come across in our lives....keep rocking...can't wait ....eagerly looking forward ur next episode

Regards
    Archana

IniyaaSri likes this.
  3. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

Hi Archana dear!

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my story! :blush::blush::blush:
    Happy that you are enjoying!! :blush::blush::blush:
    Let me know your thoughts of next episodes too :blush:
    Have a wonderful day ahead!!! :blush::blush::blush:

4. Babyhope86

Babyhope86 Silver IL'ite

I wish Lekha doesnt deserve these dowry bargaining fellows.!!

She is a darling, that a prince - who sweeps off her feet with his enduring love & understanding, should fall for her!

Superb @IniyaaSri .. you are weaving the story in an interesting twist...
    Keep rocking :) :)

IniyaaSri likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I wish in next chapter Lekha tells these dowry demanding people to get out of her house than sitting and crying.
    Good going @IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri likes this.
  6. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Though many talk about dowry as a social evil, still many families think a son should fetch a fat dowry.The latest trend is do not give cash, what ever assets ( be it gold, silver,car, site,flat....) you create is for your daughter.
    Good that you touched upon this point and as its shown in Amar's family it is the uncles and aunts who do the negotiations.

IniyaaSri likes this.
  7. IniyaaSri

Thanks dear! :blush::blush::blush:
    Lets see! And Lekha's prince is yet to come into picture! Lets see what happens next:tonguewink:

Babyhope86 likes this.
  8. IniyaaSri

Thanks for sharing your thoughts dear :blush::blush::blush:
    I think Lekha is not so bold kind who can ask someone to get out. Lets see how things take a turn. :tonguewink:
    Lets wait and watch :smile:
    Have a wonderful day :blush:

Babyhope86 likes this.
  9. IniyaaSri

Hi Anupama dear!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the story! :blush:
    And yeah Dowry still exists. And I dont think it will vanish unless and until the guys come into picture.
    Amar's relatives are creating a mess! Lets see how the scene goes!
    Have a good day dear :blush::blush::blush:

10. IniyaaSri

Episode 7:

Lekha was feeling embarrassing that everyone were looking at her. Her fingers were ready to wipe off all the tears and pretend.

But she stayed still. She did not wipe away her tears. They were genuine.

May be a daughter couldn’t see her dad bowing down just because of her. She did not know exactly why she cried. All she knew was she was not happy to see her dad like that. She closed her eyes for a fraction of a second and all the drops that have been built up in her eyes, ran down freely.

“Oh my God! What happened Lekha?” – Amar’s dad

Lekha’s dad and mom stood without knowing how to react for such an awkward situation.

“See!!! Stop asking all these. See how the girl is crying!” – Amar’s dad said looking at the other two men.

Lekha’s mom came in and tried to take advantage of the situation.

“All that we have is this decent house and a land. This house is for our daughter after us. We are not saying we wont do anything for our daughter. We will arrange a good wedding. You need not worry” – Lekha’s mom

Everyone were quiet and did not know what to talk further seeing Lekha’s wet cheeks.

“We will give what we have saved for our daughter. But we definitely cannot give everything you ask. That’s highly tough for us” – Lekha’s mom finished.

Once again there was silence. Everyone were sitting quietly without knowing how to continue the talk. Each one was looking at the other expecting someone will break this awkward situation. But no one was ready. The hall was quiet for some time.

After few minutes, Amar’s mom got up and walked towards Lekha. She came near Lekha and held her chin and saw her face. She took a strand of flowers and pinned it on Lekha’s braid. “Be ready! My son will be coming to see you next weekend” – she smiled as she said.

Lekha tried to smile back at her.

Lekha’s mom was on cloud nine thinking about the success of this proposal.

Lekha’s dad sighed in relief.

And after few minutes Amar’s family left the house.

Everyone were happy in Lekha’s house except Lekha.

She was confused and still couldn’t come out from the direct dowry encounter.

“Thank God! Finally the first proposal itself got fixed for my daughter” – Lekha’s mom exclaimed in happiness.

“Yeah! The guy has bought a house of his own! Very responsible guy! Moreover their daughter lives far. She will be coming early once or so. That’s it. No sister in law problems also” – Lekha’s aunt added.

Lekha was quiet. Her dad came near her and sat. He saw his child’s tears were drying up. Seeing her sitting still, he slowly held her hands.

“Dear…..” – Lekha’s dad.

Before he spoke anything, Lekha bursted into tears and leaned on his shoulders.

Everyone came running near her.

“It all happens everywhere. You silly girl! Why did you cry” – Lekha’s mom asked

“Lekha’s mother in law seems to be good. You know what? My mother in law said she will let the marriage happen only if we give a big silver plate. That too in the last moment. My dad arranged it in the last moment and then only your uncle tied the knot.” – Lekha’s aunt said casually

“Is this how a marriage happens?” – Lekha thought but kept quiet.

“Anyway there is no need to worry now! We are not bending to their demands anymore. We are doing what we have already decided. So don’t worry sis. You are not pulling any extra expense for your dad. Your marriage will happen how your parents dreamed.” – Lekha’s cousin Shuba patted on her shoulders.

There raised a hope of relief in Lekha’s heart.

“Promise me” she said and showed her palm to her dad

“What dear?” – her dad looked at her

“Just because you have a daughter, you should not go and fall on anyone’s feet” – she said wiping her tears.

Lekha’s dad smiled at her while his phone rang.

“Important call dear. From my higher official!” saying this he took the phone and left the place.

The day went as such and next day Lekha reached office early than usual.

After few minutes, all three came running to her place to know what happened exactly yesterday.

“The guy is coming home this weekend.” – Lekha said with a faint smile

“Heyyyyyy Wow!!!” – Jaanvi jumped

“Super girl” – Sandhya yelled in happiness.

“So what happened. Tell us in detail” – Rathna smiled and Lekha depicted each and everything without missing anything.

“My God!!! I really don’t understand how people ask dowry this directly” – Sandhya sounded innocent.

“Hey the same happened to my cousin. They agreed since they dnt want to miss the guy” – Jaanvi said

“Is it?!!! I don’t even have a couple of gold bangle for me!!! My God! What is my future then?” – Sandhya looked at the roof and pretended to think.

“You have your hero! Then what? Whats the necessary of all those” – Jaanvi raised her eyebrows and at once Sandhya blushed.

“It is not that love marriages are happening without dowry.” – Rathna said firmly

“Yeah! There is nothing more worst than dowry in love marriage. Its like paying money to buy your love. Even if its so, even the guy has to pay right?!!! Such a partial society…” – Jaanvi frowned with anger

"But I liked what your mom did. Just diverted the talk and took it to other level and now everything is smooth" - Jaanvi

“Lets leave all these. So now our Lekha is getting married.” – Sandhya beamed with happiness

“So waiting to meet the guy?” – Rathna smiled mischievously.

Lekha was not in a mood to enjoy that meeting with that guy. But deep in her heart, she wanted to see him. And she tried to ignore that thought though.

“Actually yesterday I couldn’t bear that sight. They were asking as if they are masters and my dad is inferior to them..I couldn’t see my dad like that. Whatever and however they spoke, my mom and dad has to be polite and subtle is it?.....I felt terrible yesterday. I was slowly getting back to normal only after confirming that my marriage is not any additional expense to my parents.” – Lekha

“Then be happy girl. Leave everything else” – Jaanvi cheered

“God has blessed us with what all we want. But it doesn’t mean that they should demand and we should satisfy their demand.” – Lekha continued

"The guy should have been there" - Rathna said with a frown.

"Will definitely ask him about all these. Let him come" - Lekha said seriously

“Ok Ok Ok!!! Come lets talk something else now. So waiting to meet Amar?” – Jaanvi winked and everyone smiled at Lekha.

Lekha tried to respond with a subtle smile as a courtesy though she was not very happy.
    But at once hearing the name “Amar” deep in her heart, she felt as if a gentle breeze fondled her. And that reaction showed out though she tried to hide.

“Hey! Hey!!! Did you see that reaction???” – Rathna exclaimed and everyone laughed at Lekha

“You girls don’t have work early in the morning?!! My manager is going me catch me” – Lekha looked for escape

Lekha's heart was confused. She fell for Amar secretly and without her knowledge. But at the same the dowry incident was disturbing her a lot. She did not know whether she should enjoy the feeling or remain subtle.

"Hello! what are you thinking?" - Jaanvi shook her.

"Nothing. I need to send a mail to my manager" - Lekha lied.

“Hey yea! Even I need to send the report before noon” – Saying Jaanvi dispersed and others did the same.

Jaanvi sat on her seat and her phone blinked. It was a text from her brother.

Reading the text, she kept both her hands on her head and frowned.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Arunarc, ritz1, aarthi28 and 4 others like this.